Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear diff

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I have a landcruiser 100 Amazon uk car I’ve been changing the diff oil however my car doesn’t have a diff lock nor is it a lsd as when I lifted rear and turned wheel the other one tried to go in opposite direction. So conclusion standard axle , it’s a 2003 face lift . Any views on this

I have a landcruiser 100 Amazon uk car I’ve been changing the diff oil however my car doesn’t have a diff lock nor is it a lsd as when I lifted rear and turned wheel the other one tried to go in opposite direction. So conclusion standard axle , it’s a 2003 face lift . Any views on this
Are you sure it has not got a Rear Diff lock? if you had said Front then I would agree but never known one with out one, give us a bit more info, ie Petrol diesel and a picture of the dash would be good

Perhaps it's got A-Trac, like @uHu said in another thread, A-Trac was fitted as an option from Aug 2003 >, I wonder how it works? I wonder if it's better, worse of equal to Diff Locks, I wonder if it was popular, is there any owner of a LC who has tried both for a comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it has not got a Rear Diff lock? if you had said Front then I would agree but never known one with out one, give us a bit more info, ie Petrol diesel and a picture of the dash would be good
just discovered it does have the option ot active trac

Back