Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear DVD monitor

Micah W.

Country Flag
united_states
Just picked up an '08 and so far... we love it! The audio/video system is missing the stock remote for the rear monitor. I cant seem to figure out a way to change the source for the rear monitor from the dash console to watch DVD. I have read the manual and looked for youtube videos. It looks like newer models have a feature on the front console to change the source for the rear monitor that my model doesn't seem to have. Toyota wants over $500 for a new remote. Does anybody know a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Just picked up an '08 and so far... we love it! The audio/video system is missing the stock remote for the rear monitor. I cant seem to figure out a way to change the source for the rear monitor from the dash console to watch DVD. I have read the manual and looked for youtube videos. It looks like newer models have a feature on the front console to change the source for the rear monitor that my model doesn't seem to have. Toyota wants over $500 for a new remote. Does anybody know a workaround for this?

Thanks!

I'm guessing yours in a Lexus GX470? In which case I *think* the part number is 86170-45020. Search for that in ebay and plenty come up for around $100

I'm guessing yours in a Lexus GX470? In which case I *think* the part number is 86170-45020. Search for that in ebay and plenty come up for around $100
It’s a Toyota Landcruiser but that is a really good idea. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Thanks! I will confirm the right part with my local dealer and search for one on Ebay,

Back