Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear exhaust section

RobfromYork

Country Flag
uk
Hi,

My exhaust has split on the rear section and I'm looking for a new one. Roughtrax have one but it's only up to 1996 model. Mines a 98. What's the difference? or do you know where I can find the suitable part?

Many thanks

Rob

Is yours an 80 ? may seem a daft question but 1998 would be a very late 80 ......
Is it a 4.2 diesel ....1HD FT ?
If it is an 80 then the rear section from Roughtrax should be fine

The last 80's have build dates in '97. I have a '98 reg 80 with a build date of Aug '97 IIRC. The Roughtrax exhaust is for upto May '96 models. Milners also list 2 exhausts for the 1HD-FT, upto May '96 and May '96 onwards (Currently out of stock) so there may well be a difference but I can't think what.

The difference is where they exit at the back, The mounting for the tailpipe on pre 97 80's is on the RH side of the chassis and the mounting for the 97-8 is in the LH side of the chassis..
If only the earlier type is available, and it doesnt matter to you where the tailpipe exits, then the bracket can be refitted to the other side of the chassis and the earlier type will fit.
Hope this helps.

Looks like RT don't stock the 97-8 ones and probably Milners the same. Try Toyota, you never know or maybe Karl might have a S/H one which may do the job.

Thank you! Toyota have discontinued the latter exhaust so I’ve ordered the earlier one and a new bracket so should get sorted in the next couple of days. Thanks again for all the help

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
have you been to Toyota in York Rob?
Went to pick some bits up today and parts lad said someone been in for exhaust bits.

Think he was more surprised someone other than me was after 80 series parts lol.

Funnily enough I was talking to him today when I went to pick up some bits and he mentioned that he had been talking to you!

Back