Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear fog light, 2001 model.

elgen

Country Flag
norway
Hi.

Im asking for a friend. Maybe a lot of stupid questions...

The rear fog lihts arent working. Can hear the relay clicking and the warning light for the RF light goes on.
On this car there are 4 tail lights and 5 brake lights. All working, but which one are on when the fog lights are on? Cant find any bulb for the fog light itself so we guess 2 of the brake lights also serve as fog lights. Am i wrong?

What can be wrong and what should i look for first? Seems like the bulbs and fuses are ok since the warning light goes on.

Thx for all answers.

I think from the sound of it you have had aftermarket rear lights fitted, (middle ones) - so the fog light in there may not be there now. A visit to Ebay will find loads, I have an F1 triangle shaped one, now wired up via my tow bar wiring and mounted next to Tow Ball :)

The same bulb filament cannot be used for two applications, as the circuits will cross. As Steve suggests, the lamps have been replaced, with the fog light disconnected. you can swap over the wiring (its all there behind the light units) to have it similar to mine. Tail and brake lights on the bumper, and tail and fog lights in the upper lamps. Otherwise its an aftermarket fog light you'll need if you want the current set up

Thx guys. Ended up putting back the fog lights. The previous owner had made a mess of wiring. Didnt find any wire for the fog light so i took a new one from the switch and to the lamps. Found out after all it was the easiest way to do it. So its working and the car is ready for the control.
Have a nice weekend.

Back