Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear parking sensors

rmurphy5

Country Flag
great_britain
My new to me 2003 Amazon has two sensors, one in each bumper corner. I have a tow hitch. When I select reverse it just has a constant beep rather than any variation for objects. Any quick checks I can do? I guess the tow hitch renders sensors in the middle useless?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think it ever came with factory parking sensors in any of the markets it was sold, so I assume it's an aftermarket system that needs tweaking.

Had a Japanese import surf auto which did beep when reverse was selected along with the other dinging ringing noises lights doors so have to ask is it uk spec or import

My 2004 has 4 sensors and if it’s not factory fit it’s definitely aToyota kit, at least that’s what it says on the control box is behind the n/s rear lamp!
It sounded constantly in reverse when I first got it ( not an intermittent beep) so I disconnected the power.
The fault was caused by corrosion where the wiring connects to the back of the sensors, they were well beyond repair so I cut the wiring away and I’ve relied on the reverse camera ever since.

Hi guys, yes its UK spec car. It sure looks factory fit but haven't followed the wiring back yet. It just has a constant rate intermittent beep once reverse is selected but no change regardless of objects. I have no reversing camera it seems.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back