Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear section of exhaust

Andrew Prince

I replaced the rotten rear section of the exhaust yesterday - the rotten section appears to be aftermarket (no branding or anything) while the replacement one is a branded Toyota part that I got 2nd hand from Karl.
Question - the Toyota part seems to be very flat on the bend that goes over the cross-member (i.e. the bend closest to the flange) - is this normal to this extent? The exhaust looks good and unabused but it looks SO flat :mrgreen: The rotten bit that came off was pretty much round on that bend.

Apologies for the quality of the pics, I had my Missus operating the camera - must be my bad instructions :roll: The "new" section is the clean one at the top ;)
IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

Just to show how rotten the old bit was!
IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

Even my running repairs were shot :mrgreen:
IMG_4282.jpg

Cheers

You could do with sweeping up those leaves Andy...

I asked this question a while back, have you tried doing a search ;)

Looks the same as the one on mine.

Is that peice 'squashed' so it fits over the rear axle support steel? Its so long since Muxley had that bit fitted I can't help Andy :oops:

Gav Peter said:
You could do with sweeping up those leaves Andy...
Unfortunately my gardener doesn't work on weekends - oh yes, I AM the gardener :idea: Well that explains why the leaves are still there :lol:

Paul said:
I asked this question a while back, have you tried doing a search ;)
Looks the same as the one on mine.
Yes, I had re-read your post - my question was, should it be squashed to this extent? I expected the pipe to be a little squashed but it looks like it might cause some restriction. Your post had no pics for me to compare with :naughty:

Truck goes fine with the new exhaust -the engine noise seems to be coming from the back now like it should instead of underneath :mrgreen:

I conclude that all is normal then! I am a bit surprised that Mr T felt it necessary to compress the pipe so much when it clearly fits when fully round :think: Another of life's little mysteries I guess!

Cheers,

Sorry andrew, only joking.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, I know, Paul - I was just having a small dig in response :lol: No need for apologies :mrgreen:

Its handy being an administrator so you can correct your smelling pistakes innit... :p

Hi andrew im going up to the yard in a min i will have a look at the other genuin ones i have.
karl

I have changed the same part of the exhaust on a petrol model and it is a Toyota Part which also has the sectioned deformed to go over the axle.The section that I repalced it with was a diesel model rear section, this was also deformed at the same point.Both genuine Toyota parts .(Reason for fitting a diesel rear section to a petrol was because the ARB rear bumper is made for the diesel model and not the petrol)

Garry

I ordered same part from Toyo. When I arrived to pick it up they were just returning it as damaged!!!
The old ones all rotted like this. 3rd one seems to be semi stainless and is lasting longer.

Frank

Back