Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear springs

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Hello to all. im newish to the forum and could do with some advice. I decided to change my rear springs (lwb Colorado) 21 yrs overdue I think.. the inner rubber dampers were totally shot and the steel ring where the spring sits in the top also rusted to bits. is it possible to buy the damper as a complete piece or is possible to fit the new springs without the inner damper.. hope this makes sense ... any advice.. many thanks..Higgy

Hi Higgy and welcome to the forum

I must guess your talking about the actual frame being rusted and falling to bits in which case you should get a mate with a welder to take a look , you can see where the spring sits in this pic of my swb Colorado

upload_2018-3-13_16-29-27.jpeg

The rubber is a bumpstop and yes you can buy them

upload_2018-3-13_16-31-53.jpeg

This might interest you https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/kzj90-first-used-may-12th-1998.148004/page-3

Hi Higgy and welcome to the forum

I must guess your talking about the actual frame being rusted and falling to bits in which case you should get a mate with a welder to take a look , you can see where the spring sits in this pic of my swb Colorado

View attachment 141731

The rubber is a bumpstop and yes you can buy them

View attachment 141732

This might interest you https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/kzj90-first-used-may-12th-1998.148004/page-3
Hi Shayne. thanks for the reply. the top and bottom where the spring sits is fine its the steel rim that's attached to the rubber bump stop that sits at the top of the spring is shot (my mistake not damper)...thanks for the info at least I know I can get hold of some.. would you recommend milners or roughtrax for springs? im just after a standard pair HD.. Many thanks

I get all my stuff from Roughtrax , my bumpstops have no steel ring on top , i can only guess your talking about a metal spacer kind of thing ?

Unless you do extreme off road or carry silly weight in your truck the bumpstops serve no purpose at all really .

Hello to all. im newish to the forum and could do with some advice. I decided to change my rear springs (lwb Colorado) 21 yrs overdue I think.. the inner rubber dampers were totally shot and the steel ring where the spring sits in the top also rusted to bits. is it possible to buy the damper as a complete piece or is possible to fit the new springs without the inner damper.. hope this makes sense ... any advice.. many thanks..Higgy

Welcome aboard Higgy. IMO as a Collie owner I'd say for ride quality you can't beat OEM springs and dampers.
Others may say different but on a predominantly road queen Mr T knows best.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I get all my stuff from Roughtrax , my bumpstops have no steel ring on top , i can only guess your talking about a metal spacer kind of thing ?

Unless you do extreme off road or carry silly weight in your truck the bumpstops serve no purpose at all really .
The ones I took off had a steel rim with a lip that sat on the top of the spring before you fitted it in place it all seemed to be part of the rubber stop. maybe il do away with them and just fit some decent springs.. cant find any at milner or roughtrax are they dealer only part.. thanks anyway Shane

Welcome aboard Higgy. IMO as a Collie owner I'd say for ride quality you can't beat OEM springs and dampers.
Others may say different but on a predominantly road queen Mr T knows best.
Cheers for that mate.. il get some pricing up done.. thanks

The Monroe i put on the KDJ90 are good and comfortable but there not the same Roughtrax sell now i don't think .

Back