Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear tyres wont spin

HAKI

Country Flag
australia
I started my Cruiser today and put it into gear - but the old lady did not move.
I jacked the car up and checked if the wheels are spinning - the front ones do, the rear ones only for a inch before they get stuck.
Does anyone know what the reason could be?

Handbrake stuck on, Broken and jammed rear diff or damaged/faulty transfercase maybe. :think:

With the rear wheels jacked up off the ground are you able to turn the wheels by hand?

If you cant, put the transfercase in neutral and try again. If the wheels now rotate fine by hand then the problem clearly isnt the rear diff or handbrake. :think:

Vacuum pipes leaking for 4WD selection?

Handbrake stuck on, Broken and jammed rear diff or damaged/faulty transfercase maybe. :think:

With the rear wheels jacked up off the ground are you able to turn the wheels by hand?

If you cant, put the transfercase in neutral and try again. If the wheels now rotate fine by hand then the problem clearly isnt the rear diff or handbrake. :think:[/QUOTE

With the wheels jacked up I can not turn the wheels by hand.
I remember that I hosed the car (also the wheels) down. Do you think it has something to do with it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back