Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear wash wiper not working.

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello fellow members.
My problem is my rear wash wipe don't work.
I have checked both fuses and are OK.
My rear wiper works perfectly and my question is if the motor for the washer bottle is broke does that make the wiper motion stop also.

I have got the spare motor but not sure which motor it is without testing it.
The bumper has to come off I think or can I just gain access from underneath the car.
Any pictures welcome.
:text-worthless:

Screenshot_20191210_201904_com.android.chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191210_201846_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know the 120 at all but surely the water bottle and motor is in the door behind the door card and the most likely place to look for a problem is it the hinged wiring between main body and the door ?

I don't know the 120 at all but surely the water bottle and motor is in the door behind the door card and the most likely place to look for a problem is it the hinged wiring between main body and the door ?

Water bottle for everything is in the engine and has 3 motors
Windscreen
Rear windscreen
Headlight washer.
Have put it down to either a bad switch or the bottle motor contols the rear wash wipe system.

To add to my recent thread I actually got round to checking and changing my rear window wash pump.
To my surprise I done a check on the power supply to my motor and found no power getting through but all fuses are all OK.
Is there a relay or other fuse that is related to the rear wash supply.
If I have a break in the wire loom how do I find it as I'm no auto electrician.
Any advice or pictures welcome as it's just annoying to no I have something that serves a purpose but don't work and is inportant also.

Water bottle for everything is in the engine and has 3 motors
Windscreen
Rear windscreen
Headlight washer.
Have put it down to either a bad switch or the bottle motor contols the rear wash wipe system.

Hi Tony,

I am just about to replace my headlight washer motor - did you achieve changing your rear washer motor without having to remove the water reservoir?

Cheers

Hi Tony & Carbonleg,
I had two of the three washer pumps not working, all old and corroding inside.
A local electrician removed the pumps (two seconds to pull out, leave the bottle in place Carbonleg,) split them, cleaned them, put them back together and they worked beautifully - for 6 months, now the front one is not working again.
If you look underneath, the upper one of the three pumps does the healamp washers. Take out a couple of screws on the wing inner lining and it reveals the hidden bottle rear washer pump. I can't remember if the front pump does the front windshield, or the rear one does. I'm about to find out by getting someone to operate the switches, my rear washer pump will work, the front one won't, so by getting a little dirty I'll be able to tell which is which. I can update later.
Wiper motor and washer pump motor electrical circuits are together, then split. I have a Max-Ellery diagram, but it does not fully correspond to reaity!
Tony, did you get yours fixed?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Tony,

I am just about to replace my headlight washer motor - did you achieve changing your rear washer motor without having to remove the water reservoir?

Got a new motor and replaced the lod one only to find no power going to the motor from the loom.
Turned out I have a faulty switch on the stalk arm.
I got round it by buying some windscreen pipe from ebay and cheated.
I connected the front pipe to the rear pipe via a pipe connector and works a treat.
Easy quick fix.

Hi Tony & Carbonleg,
I had two of the three washer pumps not working, all old and corroding inside.
A local electrician removed the pumps (two seconds to pull out, leave the bottle in place Carbonleg,) split them, cleaned them, put them back together and they worked beautifully - for 6 months, now the front one is not working again.
If you look underneath, the upper one of the three pumps does the healamp washers. Take out a couple of screws on the wing inner lining and it reveals the hidden bottle rear washer pump. I can't remember if the front pump does the front windshield, or the rear one does. I'm about to find out by getting someone to operate the switches, my rear washer pump will work, the front one won't, so by getting a little dirty I'll be able to tell which is which. I can update later.
Wiper motor and washer pump motor electrical circuits are together, then split. I have a Max-Ellery diagram, but it does not fully correspond to reaity!
Tony, did you get yours fixed?

I got mine fixed thanks.
The motor at the front is the headlights.
One directly behind it is front wipers.
Farside motor is rear washer.

Cheers guys - know what to do with mine now....Thanks

Forgot to mention that since my switch on my stalk arm was faulty and I had already fitted the new pump seems a waste.
I connected the two pumps together so I never lost power and worked a treat.
Since the rear pump was not getting power to the pump I piggy backed the front washer pump to the rear pump so both windows wash together easy fix.

Back