Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear washer jet weak

paulnanrod

Country Flag
great_britain
On my 120 the rear washer jet works, but takes a few seconds to start and is a trickle. Is this normal, and if not what could be the cause?

I’ve only had the car a few weeks so it may just be normal.

Thanks

No it’s been like this since I got it. Only clears the top half of the wiper area as the jet doesn’t make it across and it’s only been cold enough to freeze here the last couple of days

Mine was the same, I think the nozzle must have been blocked but no matter what I tried I couldn't unblock it, so in the end I got a new one and it was fine. Before I got the new nozzle, I disconnected the pipe from behind and made sure the water squirted out OK! Only a 2 minute job to fit!

I’ve had a prod around after looking properly and only one of the two jets on the washer was working. After poking in an unfolded paper clip (probably wrongly) to try and unblock and blockages neither are now working. To get to the washer jet, can I just Unclip the top middle section of the inside of the back door to make sure it’s all still connected, or is there another way you you’d suggest tackling accessing the jets, Karl?

thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the same problem mate, maybe they just break inside or something.

Yep just pull that top section off - not sure now, you might need to take off the side bits too, but they just clip on and off!

Great thanks. See in the new year by taking the panels off tomorrow

was it pipes coming away on yours or the motor?

Mine was purely the nozzle being knackered. When I disconnected the pipe from the nozzle, tested the washer and the screenwash shot out OK from the pipe then I knew it was the nozzle! Think it was £20 or something.

Agree with Karl, as with replacement for a proper result given what you have tried, but I have had good results in the past by using a fine dressmakers pin out of the Mrs sewing box. As the end is pointed, it seems to go in further, and a little wiggle can unblock, rather than blunt ended paperclip that could push down and compact any blockage, and make worse ,as you have found. Good luck.

Hi Karl - do you remember where you got your replacement, by any chance? As part of fitting the reverse camera I’ve taken the rear boot surround off and found water is coming through so must be the nozzle but I’m struggling to find the rear. Plenty of fronts

thanks

Hello mate, I got it from Toyota. Part number 85391-60080, just checked it was £21.56.

Theres one on flea bay now:

don’t know how I’ve missed that. Been looking earlier and driving myself crazy. Thanks ordered it

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a great demand for those, as saw that a week ago. Didnt say anything at the time as you said you were ordering one. Glad you have got it on the way, and hopefully that will solve your problem.
Well done Karl, for sending paulanrod the link. The quickest way rather than trying to buy one from Toyota in these times.

Back