Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rebuilding a 1HDT and looking for parts

CrustyRusty

Country Flag
canada
Hello everyone. Im new to this fourm but have been creeping it for a couple of years now. to make a long story short I am doing a diesel conversion on my daily driven fzj80. I was able to score 2 Hdj81 parts trucks for a really good price and have very slowly been working on this project. As of now I am digging into what will be the new engine for my land cruiser. the engine I have chosen to use came out of a truck that was parked after an injection pump failure. it had about 150000km on the clock when parked. its sat for 7 years untouched. I was able to turn the engine over by hand after oiling the cylinders and it fired up almost first crank after swapping injection pumps. its now in the garage torn down and ready for a "freshen up" the road block I have hit now is id like to use mostly all toyota parts or parts of similar or better quality and I am looking for input on where to get them and what parts to use. In particular piston rings have been a struggle. Id like to use toyota Piston rings and am having a hard time finding them in Canada. I would consider an after market set of piston rings if someone has had good experience with a certain brand. also what is the best BEB to use? any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time

Russ

Hello everyone. Im new to this fourm but have been creeping it for a couple of years now. to make a long story short I am doing a diesel conversion on my daily driven fzj80. I was able to score 2 Hdj81 parts trucks for a really good price and have very slowly been working on this project. As of now I am digging into what will be the new engine for my land cruiser. the engine I have chosen to use came out of a truck that was parked after an injection pump failure. it had about 150000km on the clock when parked. its sat for 7 years untouched. I was able to turn the engine over by hand after oiling the cylinders and it fired up almost first crank after swapping injection pumps. its now in the garage torn down and ready for a "freshen up" the road block I have hit now is id like to use mostly all toyota parts or parts of similar or better quality and I am looking for input on where to get them and what parts to use. In particular piston rings have been a struggle. Id like to use toyota Piston rings and am having a hard time finding them in Canada. I would consider an after market set of piston rings if someone has had good experience with a certain brand. also what is the best BEB to use? any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time

Russ
A full set of Toyota rings are not expensive. I'll send you a price.
I use and recommend taiho after market big end bearings.
Or some put toyota back in.

thank you, I really appreciate it. also I looked into BEBs you recommended and they definitely seam to have a good reputation

as a side note, that is a very low mileage for one of these engines. I would be looking into the cause of the IP failure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the injection pump failed as a result of the ACSD dropping its pin into the pump. not sure if this is common in your neck of the woods but i have heard of this problem happening to quite a few people who have imported these cruiser to Canada. maybe the result of extreme cold and hot conditions. minus 30 celsius in winter plus 30 in the summer.

It has been noted on here but seems pretty rare. Some folks remove the ACSD altogether. You do have some extreme temperatures out there.

Back