Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recognise these nerf bars - they snapped

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi Folks!
Went to climb aboard the J95 this evening, stepped on to the rockslider step thingy and went head over heals!

Not sure who fitted these things but they are secured with one bolt at the front (now sheared) and one at the rear. Both seem to be mounted in to what looks like a body mount----maybe? Rubber for sure.

So, I have one sheared that I will need to get out (front) and one at the rear, I undid the nut holding it up but am left with a threaded bolt that is fixed but very loose and wobbly inside the rubber mount and not wanting to play nicely.

This hanging bolt had a straight sided hex for the last 10mm nearest the ground as shown in pic.

1. Does any body recognise these bars?

2. I have no documentation showing if the rubber wotzits are body mounts - enlighten me if you can please?

Attachments

• fix body-railSML.jpg
    fix body-railSML.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Rail RearSML.jpg
    Rail RearSML.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Rail-sideSML.jpg
    Rail-sideSML.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 51
Hmm plenty viewing but no answers. OK, would somebody be kind enough to show a photo of how the body is mounted to the chassis please?

Body would mount in I believe 8 places using the mounts shown in your pictures. 2 towards the rad panel 2 at the rear behind the wheels and at least 2 more pairs in between. I cant imagine why anyone would mount steps from them.

Yep thats a body mount in your pic and i suspect some smartarse thought it would be a good idea to add longer bolts so to fit nerf bars meant for an all together different vehicle .

Appreciate the feed back guys. Shayne - you got it in one mate, exactly what I was thinking! So now i need to remove a sheared bolt at the front, remove the long bolt pictured at the rear -find two replacement bolts and make good. Similar the passenger side and then finally, I will need to make some more steps/rock sliders. Never rains etc! :)

Thanks again.

ALSO.... I feel I should apologise for my impatience and stupidity!

I had fallen off the bar/step and twisted my back when that bolt sheared. I didn't realise I was shook up.

If I had engaged brain, there are plenty of other body amounts I could have looked at myself thus saving you all the hassle.

Will be better next time - I will sit down and quaff a beer instead of hitting the keyboard in frustration.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back