Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommend road biased tyres please

woldstech

I am looking to to buying a new set of 90% "road biased boots" for the old girl :think:- She is currently on 275 70 16 Nankang Super something tyres. Where can I get them at good price(s) - so far I've looked on camskill and blackcircle websites so far to get an idea about prices.
Your opinions on Cooper Zeons?
What do you think of going on the part worn tyres route?
Any other suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

I Have a set of new Cooper Zeons on my latest 80, how do I rate them? Well, they make no more noise than a BFG A/T(my prefered choice) the "handling" was no different so I can't say there is a distinction between them when you are driving in the dry. In the wet I've never had an issue with BFG A/T's or in snow or mud. Tyres are part worn from their 1st revolution so buying part worn has never been an issue for me, if you buy a Cruiser with part worn tyres you are buying part worn tyres anyway. If you get BFG A/T's you will need to do some mileage to wear them out ( I got 80K miles out of a set of four), and on that basis P/W ones have a intrinsic value and dont usually come cheap.
There is a big choice of road biased tyres and if you are not planning anything more severe than crossing a dry grass field then any will do.
Did you not get a response from your "wanted ad"?

Andy

I Have a set of new Cooper Zeons on my latest 80, how do I rate them? Well, they make no more noise than a BFG A/T(my prefered choice) the "handling" was no different so I can't say there is a distinction between them when you are driving in the dry. In the wet I've never had an issue with BFG A/T's or in snow or mud. Tyres are part worn from their 1st revolution so buying part worn has never been an issue for me, if you buy a Cruiser with part worn tyres you are buying part worn tyres anyway. If you get BFG A/T's you will need to do some mileage to wear them out ( I got 80K miles out of a set of four), and on that basis P/W ones have a intrinsic value and dont usually come cheap.
There is a big choice of road biased tyres and if you are not planning anything more severe than crossing a dry grass field then any will do.
Did you not get a response from your "wanted ad"?

Andy
No response so far Andy ..my first preference if I have to go on the part worn route is BFG A/Ts - unfortunately they are hard to come by even in the part worn market.

Last edited:
There was a set of 5 part worn 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2s up for sale in the classifieds recently from captainoversteer, might be worth a look if you are not having any joy with BFG ATs.

Sorry forgot to add that the difference between 275/70R16 and 265/75R16 is less than 2% (the 265/75s being larger) so you probably won't even notice.

Last edited:
I will shortly be selling my "full set" of Michelin LTX's with wheels, 5 all about 8mm evenly worn 1 as new. These are the road biassed/winter spec. 275/75/16's original 80 fitment spec tyres.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pray tell us what are you replacing them with?? Are the wheels 80 standard alloys?

Andy

AndycruiserguyLomas;[URL="tel:360747" said:
360747[/URL]]Pray tell us what are you replacing them with?? Are the wheels 80 standard alloys?

Andy

These are the wheels with the Michelins, I'm sticking some Hankook knoblies on

IMAG0349.jpg

Back