Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommendations

Austin Goff

Country Flag
united_states
Hi guys, I’m considering buying a 94’ FZJ80 Land Cruiser. It is pretty bare so I want to upgrade it and I’m having trouble finding leveling/lift kits that are generic or affordable so I was seeing if anyone had any recommendations for me. Also I want to eventually get a brush guard and a rack for the rough if anyone could point me where to go I’d appreciate it. I’m having a hard time finding any upgrades for this vehicle and I want to have a plan for it before I even get it. If you do have any words of advice I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance and hope to be a true member soon!

Hi Austin and welcome to a very friendly forum from a jealous member here in the UK because you Americans have far more choice than us when it comes to suspension availability .

While i'm not the best to advise you as i just got my first 80 I have been doing a lot of searching for 80 suspension lately and it seems you yanks talk a different language .

I personally would like a Slee 4" lift to go with my 35" tires (not available here) and while investigating this via google i came across many who did something similar for cheaper , "J springs" are often mentioned though i have no idea what they are , so i suggest you you google LX450 Slee 4 inch and see where it takes you with regards to whats available in the USA .

Hi Austin and Welcome.

Have a search on here for suspension. EFS are highly regarded and mentioned here https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/efs-suspension-question.150292/ but I don’t know whether they are available in the states.

Usually it’s best to run with a newly purchased truck and ‘baseline’ it before any modifications are made. Well worth considering while you pick your lift. The general consensus is to avoid using castor correction bushes but to go for plates if over a 2” lift or there’s drop boxes too. Plenty of info on here if you have a search around.

Best wishes and good luck with the purchase.
Rich

Thank you guys so much! Just have to worry about snagging this cruiser first! I might have to wait and save up for a suspension kit, but in the mean time what is the biggest tires I can get away with without having a suspension kit put on? Thanks again for you guys’ help!

Back