Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommended oils for a 4.2TD 80

arrolman

Hi,

Should be getting an 80 in a week or so, 12v 4.2TD Auto import, first thing getting done is BEB replacement, while its up on ramps I want to change all the oils, whats recommended?

Cheers,
Iain

Any 10w40 available in this country will be over specified for your 80 so spend as much as your comfortable. Funnily enough toyota sell cheap 10w40.

EDIT: and as your doing the BEBs you don't have to worry about oil additives any more

Hi,

Thanks for that, my dad works for VX so can get 25 litre drums of 10w40 cheap so that sounds like an option (Fuchs oil anyway), just the rest of the drivetrain I need recommendations for

Cheers,
Iain

diffs: 80w90 gl5 hypoid
tc/gearbox: 75w90 gl4/5 (its recommended to use fully synthetic in gearbox to reduce the medieval cog box feel)
auto: dexron 2/3 (Im sure you should spend some money on decent stuff if you use it offroad but I will let others confirm this)

Do I hear BEBs?
Tell me, are ACLs available again or have we reached an agreement to use some other brand or originals?

Will be needing a set soon for friends 1HD-T.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm, Don't know, not got them yet, is there still a shortage of decent ones?

Iain

Karl had some ACL shells on the shelf a little while back...

MIlners bearings were ACL Duraglide when I ordered some a few weeks back :dance:

That IS our very own Karl.

C

Back