Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recovered my neighbours stuck defender and trailer not once but twice this month

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
defender with poor tyres and trailer full of wood and mud, stuck twice.
1st time couldnt get past it, maxtrax and waffle boards didn’t help, and he started to wheel spin on my maxtrax so I aborted,
so plan B - used my handwinch to pull it up short muddy slope, then detached and lowered trailer with Hilux winch, and turned trailer around with the winch and towed it away with hilux

then this weekend got another call on phone “I’m stuck again “
so drove past it through mud hole, hooked it up to recovery strap and then towed it and attached trailer of wood out of the mud no probs

loved every moment

557FF9A4-E08E-482A-A964-F7875EEA6FEB.jpeg

F4D49A13-5262-494D-B08F-6A696747A103.jpeg

D3B5A2C1-7A03-4DB0-AA0B-53DC94204F65.jpeg

5D699D10-EFC5-4D2E-A25E-9799609EE026.jpeg

That's interesting Andy.... I did exactly the same this weekend. Good friend of mine, took his 110 out, to take the dog for a walk in the woods, but got stuck 3/4 mile down a muddy track, where it had been flooded a couple of weeks ago.
And exactly the same thing, he got stuck because of poor tyre choice!!!.... so I had to tow him out.
But like a numpty!... unlike you, I completely forgot to take any photos, which I could've used to give him some stick in the pub!!

BTW..... Too much weight in the trailer!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will try and find it, but somewhere,I have a picture from years back that looks like my late friends 80 is pulling my Discovery, in fact I am towing him out backwards from getting bogged down in a rambla and had to do it TWICE!

So let's not mock the afflicted and play nice eh? :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Back