Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Relative poverty

And just to add what i said in my Last post... The last 6 lads that came and went over a two year Period.. Were All Fucked out of their Faces Smoking Dope.. I remember one Lad just Picked up his bag and left in the middle of the day. Never said a word to anybody. Of course normally you could just say 'Fuck him' ... We couldnt get hold of his Parents, The main concern was had he fallen in the river?.. Coast guard /Harbour master alerted. At great expense.... They later found him in town on the Park Smoking his Tits off Playing with his Xbox... Twat!

Relative Poverty.

So,

The BBC take away free TV licence from 80 year old's and over, now I see on today's news that the BBC want to make it a criminal and a prisonable offence, for anyone, inc 80 year old's, who are unable to pay their TV licence. And as the 'F' word has now been used in this thread, I will use it also, no offence intended.

Absolutely Fucking disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry.. I do seem to use the 'F' Word quite a lot... But i try to use it as an Expression as opposed to Aggression..

Sorry.. I do seem to use the 'F' Word quite a lot... But i try to use it as an Expression as opposed to Aggression..
I meant the TV license was Effing disgraceful, not you, I don’t mind you swearing like a 'Trooper', even if it is an Isuzu. :thumbup:

The last 6 lads that came and went over a two year Period..
Higgy it sounds like you've got a recruitment problem.for some reason you're not getting the right candidates.
You only need to read the accounts of what it's like to work in an Amazon warehouse or for deliveroo to realize that your sample size of 6 is in no way representative of young folks today.
What is striking about documentaries on poverty is the lack of anger expressed.Blaming & shaming works to keep the poor in their place.Everything negative said about the poor today was said about my parents - my dad doing 50 hours a week digging trenches , jobs on the side & keeping an allotment.My mum had 3 jobs at one point.
Did my dad go for a few pints on a Saturday night? You bet but for some in the village (this got back to us) my dad pissed all his money up the wall & if only he worked harder...

Kirk Douuglas RIP.

His life is a prime example, of, being born into abject poverty, yet worked hard and made it to the top in spite of his 'Relative Poverty'

Hat's off to Kirk.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unfortunately it's not a recruitment problem. It's the new generation of workers who aren't as hard working as the older generations. Now I am speaking generic because there are also tons of hard working youngsters as well. But employers are having to settle, and adjust to suit the new generation.
Just because certain companies show low employee turn over rates, doesn't mean they aren't dealing with what I mentioned above. It's a matter of, what option do they have?

Last edited:
It's the new generation of workers who aren't as hard working as the older
Any evidence? Or just more anecdotes.
But tons of hard working youngsters???
Hedging like a true banker...

Back