Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I need to send a relatively valuable parcel over to a contact in Belfast. Whether refelective of reality or not, I have heard quite a few stories about packages just not arriving. Does enyone post across the water on a regular basis without problems and who do you use?

Post Office, Parcel Force, DPD, Hermes etc etc. Thing is I need to be able to drop the thing off somewhere local too.

Ta in advance.

I haven't sent anything to Belfast for a while, but definitely had problems to NI about 18 months ago!! No parcel losses, just seemed to go via Timbuktu!! But not sent anything for few months, so can't say if it's still the same.
For me Hermes seem to be the ones that we've always had a problem with!
I don't know if it's the same everywhere in the UK, but in this neck of the woods, they seem to use a lot of private unmarked delivery Van's!!.... unlike DPD, ParcelForce etc.

I can get that picked up from your house, Chris. Give you a call from work tomorrow.

Last edited:
If you send via the Isle of Man its very unlikely to get lost given it all goes to just one depot then direct to plane or ferry depending on size . And from there direct to Belfast air or sea .

Thans guys. Jacob, you have courier conections then?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you so much. I shall be in touch and get the transaction confirmed with the buyer.

I haven't sent anything to Belfast for a while, but definitely had problems to NI about 18 months ago!! No parcel losses, just seemed to go via Timbuktu!! But not sent anything for few months, so can't say if it's still the same.
For me Hermes seem to be the ones that we've always had a problem with!
I don't know if it's the same everywhere in the UK, but in this neck of the woods, they seem to use a lot of private unmarked delivery Van's!!.... unlike DPD, ParcelForce etc.
Yes, I've found hermes to be utter crap..

Yodel isn't so great either.

I had a packet delivered the other day . . . but they put the wrong one through the letterbox :angry-screaming: .

We put that one into a GPO Postbox (I forgot to photograph it). Now all I'm getting is "Your parcel was delivered at XX.xx hours on xx/02/2022" :angry-screaming: .

Fortunately it was only a pair of fuel primer bulbs for chainsaws - £5.99 so not the end of the world.

Bob.

Hermes, Yodel etc, use lots of lone sub contractors, hence unmarked vans, cars, etc.
Although I have found Hermes as a company are sh/te, the self employed subbies they use, I have always found helpful and reliable. Trouble is, they dont stay too long because of volume of work, hours and low renumeration. This is possibly a reason some of them dont care, and just lob your parcel over the fence. As far as they and Hermes are concerned its delivered, even if not at your address, then argue when you say not received.

Bob, your GPO won't re deliver that anywhere, its nothing to do with them, they are not getting paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back