Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Remote Transmission Cooler which one???

cbv8

Country Flag
england
Hi All,
I plan to fit a remote transmission cooler but which one??? there are many on eblag from cheap as chips Chinese ones up to real expensive competition ones surely an aluminium cheapo will do the same as a mega buck compo one opinion and experiences please:thumbup:

Seriously Chas I'd get the advice from an Auto Trans Shop. They will fix you up with what you need. If you go S/H I'd be fitting one from a petrol 80 series. Maybe KW has one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought a cheap one and it's served me well. Check out my thread to see the size

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/beaus-official-cruiser-story.145923/
Thanks again Beau you have a very nice tidy Collie there a credit to you mate i do like the rear tailgate spoiler if that's what its called? that you have fitted to the top of the tailgate i see you fitted an 8 row cooler i was thinking a 6 row would be sufficient is this one of those from China?

Thanks. It's known as a rear spoiler I guess. Had it fitted over 10 years ago and I don't know if they even sell them anymore.

The one I have is sufficient enough and I've never had the AT light come on since bypassing the main rad and using this one by itself. Because you're in the UK with cold climate weather I'd advice to run the a cooler in series with the OEM one because it'll help the trans get up to operating temp quicker.

Can't really help where I got it from, it was from a friend. But they're about $20-$30 online when I searched at the time...

Hi Beau,
Thanks for that it looks like one off a Hilux? as for the cooler i sent for a 6 row alloy one from China got to be better than the in rad jobby originally fitted:icon-biggrin:

Hi Beau,
I received my transmission cooler today and there seems to be things rattling around inside and it looks like there are valves in the entry and exit points does this sound right did yours rattle?

rattling 006.jpg rattling 008.jpg

I did not have any valves or rattling sound. Maybe yours has some kind of one way valve. Did it come with any instructions?

I did not have any valves or rattling sound. Maybe yours has some kind of one way valve. Did it come with any instructions?
Hi Beau,
No instructions but i did email the seller who said it does have a ball inside the cooler i have yet to get the answer off the seller what the ball is for??

We fitted a flex-a-lite one to our off-road XJ - worked well - didn't rattle either...?

Mines just a cheapo one from China i had another reply about the ball contained within -"the ball helps the oil flowing"??

Back