Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

removing door cards

moggy1968

I'm dismantling my doors and rather annoyingly can't get the window winder off. I was expecting a circlip behind to ping off to release the winder but there isn't one (As far as I can see). Before I pull the winder apart to try and find a non existent screw can anyone guide me as to how to get it off

cheers

If I remember there is a circlip but you have to remove it from underneath the winder handle direction. They are horrible to take off.

So this must be a non original door to the truck? It should have electric windows.:icon-smile: Or am I wrong?

yeh, this is a windup one, I've got three sets of doors in total and have decided to go wind up rather than electric as the only thing to fail on my truck in Africa was the electric windows!

I had 12 doors too! Made my drivers door out of 2 doors, had 1 with a great outer and vise versa. Turned out really well, had never done that before!:icon-biggrin:

well, shag me sideways!!

windowwinder_zpsab7a2058.png

that looks easy enough, will give that a try tomorrow!!

well, it worked, sort of! took quite a few minutes of frustrated wiggling but it did work in the end.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Howdy moggy1968,
That's a fantastic trick! I needed to get at the window regulator on my '88 BJ73 and was having trouble getting the hand crank off, but luckily I found your post!
It came right off. I love MacGyver methods!

Back