Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Removing lower vent from Bumper

Surfking12

Country Flag
united_states
Hi everyone, new to the forum! I have a 99' 100 series. I'm a big fisherman, drive on the ocean often and I have a rod rack holder for the front of the truck that mounts to the license plate. The only metal piece is behind the bumper which I don't want to drill into. I'm trying to remove the lower vent and create a bracket that will mount to the metal. I believe vent is part of the bumper has anyone removed one before? whats the best way to do so?

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 12.08.51 PM.png

this piece seems to be attached to the bumper and painted black by the factory. has anyone tried cutting it out or other ways of removal without damage to the bumper? thank you

This is purely a guess, and there are many more on here with more knowledge than me, but have you tried taking the bumper off and looking behind it? It may well be held there by screws/ clips etc....

I'm taking the bumper off my 105 on monday to put a winch bar on so i'll have a look on mine and see how its held on.

Hope that helps

N

This is purely a guess, and there are many more on here with more knowledge than me, but have you tried taking the bumper off and looking behind it? It may well be held there by screws/ clips etc....

I'm taking the bumper off my 105 on monday to put a winch bar on so i'll have a look on mine and see how its held on.

Hope that helps

N

Nick, thanks. I got under it and I thought it was clipped in, because there were clips on top. But upon further investigation it just wouldn't pop out like I thought and seems like it part of the bumper mold, painted black. I might have to cut it out to have this holder mounted to the bumper frame.

Back