Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Repair panels, or the distinct lack of.....

Ace-lux

Country Flag
great_britain
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me why no-one makes repair / replacement panels for the 80 series? They are a fabulously popular vehicle, with a following all around the world. But few, if any repair panels are available. I know I'm not the only owner who would appreciate some, so whats the deal? All the spares sold out? Not enough demand?

Just seems a bit odd!

You may think they're popular but compared to LR's the numbers are insignificant.

Easiest way are good body cuts from breakers. Try Karl Webster who's on here, I believe Chapel Gate also on here may break but definitely does new spares. Garry Rigby @80 breaker definately has a yard full of 80s breaking.

Wonder what happened to the old Presses that would stamp out the Shapes, Wings /Bonnets etc, You would have thought someone bought it and would be busy stamping out replacement body panels for 80s...... Bet they were just scrapped .... Agree with The above 'tho' It would be good to be able to get hold of Replacement Panels

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me why no-one makes repair / replacement panels for the 80 series? They are a fabulously popular vehicle, with a following all around the world. But few, if any repair panels are available. I know I'm not the only owner who would appreciate some, so whats the deal? All the spares sold out? Not enough demand?

Just seems a bit odd!
Toyota still make some.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Where are they for that amount? I could only find a full rear panel (roof to sill, from rear door to boot) for £1300 plus shipping tax blah blah....

£400ish is far more sensible? Well, relatively speaking !! Might you have a link?

These were right and left front wings at £400 plus each when I last looked. There are a few listings on each / right and left and prices vary depending on the day you look.

front wings can be had from the main dealer for just under £340 each inc vat.

the 80 looks much better with them..

Back