Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement Cummins Engine

mettisse

Supporter
Found a Y... Tube video by a company called Jonesies, and this Amercan company fits a Cummins engine into a j80, they do a very smart, professional job, I really enjoyed the vid. The engine they use aparantly is very common in USA, it's the same engine as used in the old series DAF 7.5 ton trucks. I had one, it was very impressive, heaps of power/ torque, 6.9litre, old tech,
trouble is I gave it away(scrap) the Lorry was no good but the engine was fine,
i regret it now, I have a pal who has such an engine in a Dodge Ram 4x4 off road camper. The thing absolutely flies, and so does the 80 in the vid.
Trouble is I'm thinking about it too much now, I can feel a transplant coming on, the company sourced bell housings and adopters, the lot. The only thing I don't like is the sound of the exhaust, like a Lancaster on tick over , I'll dream on....

Got a cummins ready to go. Also got flywheel and adaptor half done ;)

Lol. Knowing me it will happen in about 5 years. You never know. A loal guy has already done it. What an animal ....

At least it's not just me then. I've been dreaming about putting a cummins 6bt in something for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lol. Knowing me it will happen in about 5 years. You never know. A loal guy has already done it. What an animal ....

If you don't get it done Karl, put my name on it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
At least it's not just me then. I've been dreaming about putting a cummins 6bt in something for a while now.

You find the engine and i wont charge you for the work you do :)

Nice engine don't think it's right for.an offroad vehicle. Do make nice hot rod engines when they have 1000 hp

You find the engine and i wont charge you for the work you do :)
ROFL I'll have a think... [emoji14]

Having just done a bit of a google, that would appear to be the engine that's in my favourite lorry at work, it fly's! It's got so much get up n go compared to the rest, its referred to as the ferrari or silver bullet. Do it!

Having just done a bit of a google, that would appear to be the engine that's in my favourite lorry at work, it fly's! It's got so much get up n go compared to the rest, its referred to as the ferrari or silver bullet. Do it!

Right. When do you want me to drop the truck and stuff off ?

as long as you don't waste your time putting it in a LR ! :eusa-snooty:

That is incredibly tempting, I have always had a soft spot for Cummins engines, them and Cat.

Just get
the idea out of your head. I need a word with Trev. He needs to have a sit down with you. Lol
Well I did consider putting a 1hd in a Defender but I thought Trev would have a fit.

Hmm? gimmee your best price.

Pm me what your wanting and what you want to spend and ill tell you if your anywhere near in the real world :laughing-rolling:

Im sure I can sort what your Lookimg for

Back