Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement master cylinder options?

RL12

Country Flag
great_britain
Starting to have a problem with my brakes,

suspected master cyclinder seal going as the pedal will slowly depress all the way to the ground if I stop with the brakes on for a while (30 seconds). no visible leaks anywhere and not using fluid.

does anyone know other (potentially bigger) master cylinders that are Easily available and a direct fit? 80 series maybe?
Thanks, Rich

Hi! my opinion is that you have way to big rear caliper, but i don't think that's the problem. i don't know what lj70 you have, but i did find to my lj70 1986 2,4lt, real cheap master brake cylinder at this website. http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/ and search for PMH432

Thanks for your reply Runekebab.
I am using UK 89/90 2.4L LJ70 axles. originally solid disc front and drum brake rear, but now vented disc front and solid disc rear. (with LJ70 Servo and master cylinder).

I always use EuroCarParts but could not find any replacement cylinders, buycarparts.co.uk has a few listed though, so thank you for that.

I'm still interested in what upgrades are possible though if anybody knows?

otherwise i think i will get a pattern from buycarparts.

after a bit more digging on buycarparts.co.uk i've found a KZJ70 brake master cylinder.
It's more expensive but I think it might do the trick

after a bit more digging on buycarparts.co.uk i've found a KZJ70 brake master cylinder.
It's more expensive but I think it might do the trick

Where did you buy the kZJ70 master cylinder from? I have one that was removed from my car which was in working condition. It was callipers that were seized up showing mixed symptoms

Back