Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement Rear springs for 100VX?

Ken Brenton

Country Flag
england
What are the options to replace the rear springs? I intend to keep the AHC. Is it OEM only or are there recommended non Toyota springs available and who from? I intend to add air lifters at the same time but would prefer to upgrade the springs also as I have added LPG (90L tank where the spare used to be) and swing out rear wheel carrier.
Toyota quote is a little startling at > £300 this with club discount

Thanks
Ken

What are the options to replace the rear springs? I intend to keep the AHC. Is it OEM only or are there recommended non Toyota springs available and who from? I intend to add air lifters at the same time but would prefer to upgrade the springs also as I have added LPG (90L tank where the spare used to be) and swing out rear wheel carrier.
Toyota quote is a little startling at > £300 this with club discount

Thanks
Ken

Hi Ken

Sorry cannot help with the springs but why replace springs and then fit air lifters ?

I am in the same position but I am going to just fit air lifters @ about £100

Steve
Several things going on at the same time and after reading about the AHC needing attention as the pressures driop with age I plan a trip to Pleaides to have the AHC checked out and spheres replaced if necessary and at the same time fit new springs and have the front torsion bar checked/adjusted. This is all in the name of peace of mind as there is no obvious problem with the suspension but the car is 13 years old and done 133000 miles. Dependent on what Pleaides find and which springs I fit this may cost around £700. I bought the car for a song 18 months ago with a view to making it last a fair while and do some European touring including trails etc so am happy to spend that money to restore the suspension to original performance. I will be fairly loaded with camping gear and fridge etc and have already added LPG and will fit the spare wheel swing out carrier when I come back from contract to retirement this year. This with a storage system will probably put the rear end at the top of its comfort zone, hence the addition of air lifters. After driving a much modified and heavily loaded 80 series around Southern Africa for years I like the comfort and performance of the AHC so don't really want to swap it out, but worry about it failing and leaving me in crawl mode in the middle of nowhere.

Hey Steve,

Totally off subject but I can't seem to find any other way of contacting you...
Anyways I just bought a 2011 LC V8 diesel LX model auto, I have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer..
The apostrophe caution light comes on when I push the centre diff lock or coupling lock, the manual mentions nothing about that light only the 4x4 light..
secondly how or what is that decent control dial with three speeds low medium and high.. I engage it on a steep gravel hill and it makes the most horrendous noise which sounds like the abs system engaging the brakes.. I assume that's the concept of the thing but is it really meant to be so rough? Like lunging and stuff even without loosing traction?
So many things that I don't understand about this car haha!

Back