Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Retrofitting a spare wheel carrier / winch to the undercarriage.

dyladams

Garage
Country Flag
uk
hi all,

My imported cruiser came with a factory rear swing out spare wheel carrier and I am thinking about retro fitting the uk spec spare wheel carrier / winch that mounts the spare wheel under the vehicle.

Although I know that this is not the best option for off roading, it does give a convent option to carry a spare relatively out the way.

Has anyone done this retro fit? Is it just a case of bolting it on and then making a small hole in the rear aluminum step for the winch handle?

Any idea of the costs involved?

Lastly do 285/75/16 bfg a/t fit under the 80 series?

Thanks.

I've never really had too much of an issue with it being underneath.

The 285s fit under there fine.

I could sort you a oem one second hand if you do decide to go down that route.

hi all,

My imported cruiser came with a factory rear swing out spare wheel carrier and I am thinking about retro fitting the uk spec spare wheel carrier / winch that mounts the spare wheel under the vehicle.

Although I know that this is not the best option for off roading, it does give a convent option to carry a spare relatively out the way.

Has anyone done this retro fit? Is it just a case of bolting it on and then making a small hole in the rear aluminum step for the winch handle?

Any idea of the costs involved?

Lastly do 285/75/16 bfg a/t fit under the 80 series?

Thanks.

285's fit no prob, I have them on mine.
I cant think that the Chassis on an import won't have the captive nuts ready to take the carrier which has a bracket at each end as my import 80 has the spare underneath.
I have a couple of these spare which you could have the choice of for £20, still on the cars but not a big job to get off. There is also the proper step as well.
I'm in S Yorks if its any help.

Some bargains about. £20! I couldn't compete with that.

Its just that I want a clear out of a stack of stuff I don't need Karl, your post came up while I was typing also.
No competition intended.

Back