Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RHD FJ Cruiser

Got to be honest. After a short drive in one last year it is not for me.

Very powerful and awesome road holding but I'm sure it was smaller inside than my missu's SWB 90. :geek:

I'll stick with the 80 :!: :!: :!:

When it says it's toyota's answer to the hummer, I'm pretty sure they don't mean the H1. Second hand info but I've heard the off road abilities leave rather alot to be desired!

The more I look, the more I see people going on about it's awesome off road ability - so before I get shot down I'm gonna put my comment before down to poor media :twisted:

I had heard that underneath they are a 120 series, with a funky body on the top.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tommo&Claire said:
I had heard that underneath they are a 120 series, with a funky body on the top.

Yup, I was reading a review on it and it is all 120's running gear and chassis.

I like the outside of them, they cool different, but the inside looks like it was made from recycled tesco bags. Very plastic, very shiny.

Wonder if they will change it to the 150 chassis?

i saw a lot of FJ cruisers last time i was in the states and the cabin is definitely built for the american market, rather cheap and nasty. Coming from a Proper Land Cruiser i think i'd be disappointed in it.

I've heard really encouraging things about the 150 Series in the Australian press. Apparently it has not been found wanting offroad...

Crispin said:
Wonder if they will change it to the 150 chassis?

I thought the 150 was on the 120 chassis? I seem to recall all dimensions of wheelbase etc. being exactly the same? Or did they change it?

Gary Stockton said:
[quote="Crispin":3qzomu1w]Wonder if they will change it to the 150 chassis?

I thought the 150 was on the 120 chassis? I seem to recall all dimensions of wheelbase etc. being exactly the same? Or did they change it?[/quote:3qzomu1w]

oh. I dunno :? Thought it would be different.

PaulH said:
Toyota are rumoured to be releasing the FJ Cruiser in Australia. Wonder if we'll see it in UK dealers in diesel RHD form?

Hmm wouldn't it be an HJ Cruiser if it was a diesel? :? :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
[quote="Crispin":1d1scy0j]Wonder if they will change it to the 150 chassis?

I thought the 150 was on the 120 chassis? I seem to recall all dimensions of wheelbase etc. being exactly the same? Or did they change it?[/quote:1d1scy0j]

I always thought 120 is on the 90 chassis?

If not what is the difference? (if anyone knows)

Think the 90 and 120 chassis are very similar, but not quite the same. When Chris and I did the 40mm body lift on mine, we did a quick compare, and 120 seems to be heavier - no doubt to cater for the extra weight the 120 has, I think. Anyway, the 120 chassis seems to be in-between the 90 and 100 series ...

diag_1tNlFH8.png

I can see this image - but yell if it's not there for anyone else :?

nope - no image. Missing for those who don't have a logged in account

OK - thanks - I'll try get one off my FSM and stick that in instead ...

I forgot to mention, on Monday morning on my way to Salisbury I saw a FJ coming the other way on the M25. Was blue with a lot of gray on the top half. The barrier was hiding most of it though.
It looks, well, interesting in the flesh. The rear half looks a bit weird though.
I did not see if it was a RHD or LHD.

Not sure what I expected as to price... but how much!!! :shock:

I saw they start at around $28000 in the US so half that SA price. They are available in Middle East too.

SimonD said:
I saw they start at around $28000 in the US so half that SA price. They are available in Middle East too.

That US price is cheap. In Aus they come in around AU$49,000

Back