Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ride height of a standard 95 ?

Paulpen

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys - no build thread yet as cant get the pictures off my phone !

Im trying to work out what springs ive got on my Prado - previous owner had fitted heavy duty springs but is not sure if they are just stronger or include a lift. They were also not sure if they did them all round or just the rear !

Id like to get back to a standard height with maybe a bit less body roll but need to work out what ive got currently first :/

I'm sure a search in the 90 section will bring you some answers, as I recall several threads on the subject.

At work at the moment and truck at home, otherwise I'd measure mine - though I have a 50mm SL.

I'm sure it is something like 770mm to the top (centre) of the front wheel arch and around 780mm to the rear? (Though please don't take my word for it).

Add: Found this thread - I haven't trawled through all 5 million pages but I'm sure it'll contain some useful info :thumbup:

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/com...ont-springs-fitted-to-fierys-rear-end.136456/

Stiffer springs won't result in body roll quite the opposite , have you checked the anti roll bars , with a 2" lift using front links on the rear works well to put the rear bar back into spec and if the front links aren't extended it tends to stiffen the front end i think .

Through the centre line of the wheel with standard 265/70's on my 70K V6

Front 88o mm
Rear 900 mm

Hope this helps.

Is that from the floor with standard suspension Andy?

Mine measured 730mm front and 790mm rear in 2013 with my dodgy 2nd rear springs/lift. someone said they think mines sagged particularly at the front but checking the measurements today they are the same as before.

Peders say 765 and 800mm with their 2" lift. Measured from the bottom of the rim to the arch.

Incidentally with standard from suspension does anyone know if the lower wishbones should be horizontal or angled down?

Chadr - I did have a search last night before the laptop went flat and all I could really find was what spring combos give what additional lift - not what a standard ride heigh should be :(

That link tells me that a standard rear spring diameter is 13.5mm. Also that an Ironman lift kit gets you 320mm front and 335 rear. That kit apprantly gave a 40mm lift so standard measurements should be 280mm front and 295mm rear. (All bottom of wheen rim to bottom of wheel arch).

A standard truck should measure about 30cm all round from top of wheel rim to bottom of arch.

(All stolen from that topic)

Shayne - I havent mainly as I dont know if I got a lift, uprated spring or anything different at all currently :/

Andy - Is that floor to bottom of wheel arch ?

Mark - More measuremtns lol - im off to measure so will update in 5 mins !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll try to photo tomorrow but measured through the centre line of the wheel gives a definitive place to take the measurement from.
Yes its from the floor.

What ive got roughly then on a slightly uneven drive.

Front :
Floor to arch 905mm and 900mm
Bottom of rim to arch 775mm and 770mm
Top of rim to arch 330 and 325mm

Rear
Floor to arch 930mm and 925mm
Bottom of rim to arch 800mm and 790mm
Top of rim to arch 360 and 355mm

Going on the theory the Ironman gave 40mm lift I should see 280 and 295 from bottom of the rim - not possible !

The standard truck having 30cm from top of the rim tells me ive got a 30mm front lift and 60mm rear lift.

Marks readings tell me ive got 40mm front lift and the same as you on the rear :/

Last edited:
Going by your readings then Andy ive got a 20 to 25mm front lift and 25 to 30mm rear lift.

Tyre pressures all good so I imagine the tyre depths and slightly uneven drive explain the 5mm tolerances

Think that means ive got a 1 inch / 25mm lift allround. Will that affect the anti roll bar links ?

Last edited:
Just checked my fronts 300mm between top of rim and arch si I guess I'm not sagging :)

Back