Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RIP Aretha Franklin

A great singer and Ambassador - but that voice will never die.

I recorded "The Blues Brothers" the other night, must watch it again. She turns up in there running a Diner . . . and then launches into "Freedom". The film is a great piece of nonsense.

(John Lee Hooker is busking outside the Diner :icon-biggrin:).

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A great singer and Ambassador - but that voice will never die.

I recorded "The Blues Brothers" the other night, must watch it again. She turns up in there running a Diner . . . and then launches into "Freedom". The film is a great piece of nonsense.

(John Lee Hooker is busking outside the Diner :icon-biggrin:).

Bob.

Yep. A ludicrously funny movie - one of my favourites. I first saw it as a 'B' movie supporting the main attraction. I was amazed at all these great artists popping up and then along comes Carrie Fisher as the crazed girlfriend. Your right. Aretha's scene in the diner is brilliant.

Yep. A ludicrously funny movie - one of my favourites. I first saw it as a 'B' movie supporting the main attraction. I was amazed at all these great artists popping up and then along comes Carrie Fisher as the crazed girlfriend. Your right. Aretha's scene in the diner is brilliant.

A great loss and what a film ... IMHO the best movie car chase ever. I recently read the movie had a budget for cocaine (largely consumed by Belushi I expect)
My favourite scene is Ray Charles as the music shop owner but Aretha comes a close second.

Good voice good singer but not my cup of tea.

RIP

I’m the same JM, but her voice and music was part of my “era” and you can’t shake it off somehow.

She had (and survived) an amazing life, I’ve just read she had her first child at 12 and the second at 14, and still managed to pull-off a long and sustained career...

Gutsy lady and very well respected...

My favourite scene is Ray Charles as the music shop owner but Aretha comes a close second.

James Brown as the Inspirational Preacher is pretty far up my list.

The Janitor at the Orphanage, who introduces the brothers to The Blues is band leader Cab Calloway - him of "Minnie the Moocher" fame :thumbup:.

Bob.

A great loss and what a film ... IMHO the best movie car chase ever. I recently read the movie had a budget for cocaine (largely consumed by Belushi I expect)
Carrie Fisher was a gold medallist at snorting the white stuff, Totaly off her trolley while filming star wars. She would have given Belushi a run for his money.:crazy:

Back