Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RIP Ginger Baker

He came across to me as a bitter, intolerant grumpy old man

Not the nicest (by quite a long way), but a fine drummer.

I think "Animal" in The Muppets was based on Ginger !

Cream were a great band (I'm a Clapton fan :thumbup:).

Bob.

As others have said, quite a nasty piece of work was Ginge. But yes a decent drummer indeed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes indeed a nasty piece of work but not in the same league as Bonzo , Neal Peart , Dave Grolh or Steve Ferrone to name but a few.

From what I’ve seen he was mostly snare work, not much of a kit drummer.

Really jazz was his thing. Can't knock his ability there. Speaking as a drummer.

Not sure which route he took down to Lagos, but I think he was the first to do the trip in a Range Rover. Nice to see the Jensen FF that he had flown out to Jamaica too.

Whilst I don’t disagree with any of the adverse comments on Ginger Baker’s character as a generally unpleasant person, I did find the interviewer in that video to be rather rude and disrespectful.

GB gave him honest answers and exposed his whole lifetime, professional and personal, warts and all. What more did the interviewer expect from him.

I rather sympathized with GB when he clouted the guy on the nose with his stick, he was pushing 80 years old and knew that his remaining time was limited, and that he was dealing with a sensationalist ‘American moron’ (no offence meant, I’m only quoting him).

RIP indeed....

Back