Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RIP Murray Walker,

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
RIP Murray Walker, when he left Formula 1 so did I, after ITV took it over it was never the same, too many people in love with the sound of their own voice. There has been nobody before or since who could commentate about Formula 1 like him. Murray Walker's commentary was delivered with such enthusiasm that it led to amusing slip-ups that came to be known as "Murrayisms" - but Formula 1 fans only cherished him all the more for the mistakes

Attachments

• ripp.jpg
    ripp.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 11
Agree ,
F1 was never the same again .
I have a couple of "Sound Stories" records of Murray and his dad Graham commenting on the IOM TT complete with sound clips of the bikes
" And here's Mike Hailwood on the Honda 6..... " epic
Another great Murrray story is his visit to a Vauxhall car plant (I think ) and walking down the production line and seeing a car going down the line with one front wheel fitted with a drum brake and the other a disc ...... at this point he knew the death knell for British Car production was being sounded .

Agree Chas. It just wasn’t the same without him. RIP Murray Walker. Gone but never forgotten.
His cry of “Fire” when Jos Verstappen was engulfed in flames (think it was this episode), both urgent and hillarious at the same time, will stay long in my memory.

Back