Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Robotic precision.....

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just found this on Utube and found it very enjoyable. Is that weird? No idea how they machined cranks in the “old days”, it took considerably longer than this I should imagine and more prone to cock ups no doubt.

Last edited:
I had that suggested and have put it on my watch list. :thumbup:

The lathes in my school had no computer input , set the dials to the numbers given then work the blade until you reached the mechanical stop set by the dial .

Seen something similar for making ship props the lathes we stupidly long. Like 20plus meters

I find watching this sort of thing incredibly soothing for some reason. Great find TP thanks for posting

I would love to know where the cutting tools for these machines come from. I'm currently making Top-slide and Cross-slide screws & nuts for my Colchester Triumph 2000 lathe - on my Warco 280VF variable-speed Imperial lathe and Warco GH Universal Milling Machine ( Chinese toy machines compared to the Colchester). I'm having to cut at 0.002" per pass to get a proper finish on the 16mm x 2mm ACME threads and the cutters I get from Tracy Tools & Chronos - while good - are nothing like those on the big high-speed precision machines.

Like any hobby, one is never satisfied with what is to hand and the search for perfection continues :icon-rolleyes:.

I spend far too much time watching you-tube vids of far better machines than mine.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back