Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rock sliders

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
fancying some rock sliders for my 80

what are people using on here?

cheers

Not technically rock sliders - but I fitted heavy duty side steps from Powerful 4x4. They give ample side protection for my fairly modest needs i.e. helping me around the odd tree stump.

Not suitable for serious rock crawling IMHO... and they leave a slightly annoying gap in the front mudflap, being slightly shorter than the stock steps, but there's a reason for that.
They also come with fittings for bush bars which clamp onto your ARB (or similar;-)) bumper.

Not technically rock sliders - but I fitted heavy duty side steps from Powerful 4x4. They give ample side protection for my fairly modest needs i.e. helping me around the odd tree stump.

Not suitable for serious rock crawling IMHO... and they leave a slightly annoying gap in the front mudflap, being slightly shorter than the stock steps, but there's a reason for that.
They also come with fittings for bush bars which clamp onto your ARB (or similar;-)) bumper.

Did you import the powerful4x4 this from Australia or were you able to get them locally in Europe?

Did you import the powerful4x4 this from Australia or were you able to get them locally in Europe?

Got them from this lot: http://www.accessoires4x4.ch/en/ along with a rear bumper and some other toys. I was in Chamonix this summer and they are about 40 mins away so I went to their warehouse - but they deliver to the UK. Nice bunch. Will do a deal if you call them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
C0EE14B0-A48E-427A-9E9B-352F735CAF89.jpeg
Started on making my sliders a couple of evenings this week after successfully doing sams over Xmas, pics below of the d/s one ( will do the p/s over the weekend hopefully), with a coat of primer on it.
Made them so that the original Ali step will fit on top BA80B788-A824-42D6-9729-36F896F0E35D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, I'm thinking of making a set of sliders, how did these ones turn out? Any pics of how you mounted them etc

Steve

Turned out fine, I’ll try & get some pics of under neath, they had a beating in Russia, but nothing moved! Should be at Stratford if u want a look.
No prob to make if you can weld a bit!

Both sams & mine are the same as we did his truck first, then copied them to mine

Basically clamped to the chassis with plates each side & bolts pulling the plates together top & bottom

Andy

Back