Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rodent Damage to LC?

plagus

Country Flag
united_states
I just got slapped with a $1K bill for rodent chewing on LC wiring. I park the LC outside and have for 2+ years. I do live in a rural area. I also have a 1996 Chevy Silerverado P/U which is also parked outisde with no rodent damage. Any ideas on how I can prevent future damage? I can't afford a garage.

Pete

moth balls help a lot

Howdy Pete,

Cats arn't bad either, as long as the critters ain't to big.

The joys of country life ! Not sure which makes of rodent you might have on the attack, but after a series of attempts to discourage mice in the UK, I'm afraid that the only thing that worked for me was wholesale slaughter. I was advised to leave peppermints in the car (mice are supposed to dislike the smell), they ate them. Various essential oils etc. were also tried without success as were a selection of "humane" traps. Loud heavy metal (or Yoko Ono) made no difference. A spring trap (Little Nipper in the UK) with a bit of chocolate bar (Mars) as bait was resorted to, and leaving a corpse under the bonnet (hood) for a few days seemed to deter further attacks. Rats are a whole different ball game..........

Well back to the moth balls we put them in and around all the electronics in combine cabs and have no problems seems to work, if you can still buy proper mothballs

I don't think you can get them any more, Naphthalene was banned in the EU quite a while ago. My wife puts Cedar balls in the drawers (that sounds wrong) which seem to work fairly well for moths......not sure about mice though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ours might be pretty old but still stink and that is all they have to do

Back