Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rogues Gallery

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
How about a Rouges gallery of pictures of ourselves with our truck? I'll start the ball rolling, this is me in a Croatian minefield;
Meintheminefield.jpg

Chas

Re: Rouges Gallery

pugwash said:
Rogues or Rouges?
Sorry, that was a typo :oops: , Rogues it is :thumbup:
Chas

Hoist by your own petard, there Chas methinks! :clap:

I can only imagine what the sign says.

Chris (in Deryshire)

In the even you step on a mine the procedure is to throw yourself 30 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area! :p

The Mrs went to take one of me in Morocco the other night but.... this old bloke got in the way :roll:

1007817415_5Mq3R-L.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
Hoist by your own petard, there Chas methinks! :clap: I can only imagine what the sign says.Chris (in Deryshire)
The sign says "Mines have been cleared for 2mtrs either side of the road", "but if you want a pee, do it in the road" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rough translation:
"Don't go further! (or: don't leave the road) There is a great danger because of landmines"

Many such signs are now planted in Croatia and even more in Bosnia. And the danger is real, especially in less visited parts. The roads and most of the mountain paths are cleaned nowdays, fortunately.

If somebody is intending to visit these areas he can drop me a PM. I regularly visit remote areas of Croatia (2-3 times a year) and can suggest some nice spots for LandCruising, walking, climbing or just relaxing on the less known Adriatic sea beaches. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Here are two sets of photos of LandCruising there last year: Island Krk and Central Velebit.

OT, splendid photos Vrecha... That looks lovely terrain to explore... Vay jealous...

You need to do some writeups :thumbup:

Tnx. Will try to find time to write something on the subject in near future ...

Oh, and to comply with the subject of the thread ... do-it-myself car washing:
pranjeScottie.jpg

Cossack said:
How about a Rouges gallery of pictures of ourselves with our truck? I'll start the ball rolling, this is me in a Croatian minefield;
Meintheminefield.jpg

Chas

Fantastic photo Chas, the more I hear and see the more I like your style :clap:

Attachments

• Meintheminefield.jpg
    Meintheminefield.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Meintheminefield.jpg
    Meintheminefield.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 74
vrecha said:
vrecha said:
Rough translation:
"Don't go further! (or: don't leave the road) There is a great danger because of landmines" Many such signs are now planted in Croatia and even more in Bosnia. And the danger is real, especially in less visited parts. The roads and most of the mountain paths are cleaned nowdays, fortunately.
If somebody is intending to visit these areas he can drop me a PM. I regularly visit remote areas of Croatia (2-3 times a year) and can suggest some nice spots for LandCruising, walking, climbing or just relaxing on the less known Adriatic sea beaches. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Here are two sets of photos of LandCruising there last year: Island Krk and Central Velebit.
It's a beautiful country, I've been there three times now, lovely pics, I drove through that tunnel in the rock in one of your pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuIWVXAAQYk

at one point we were driving along a track when we saw some soldiers mine clearing, when they found one they placed four stakes with ribbon around the spot, we pulled up to watch I glanced down and beside the Cruiser were four stakes with ribbon, if I had stepped out I would have trod on it, that was about 1 ft from the edge of the track I was so surprised :o I didn't think to take a picture of it I just got outa there quick, so it is important to take notice of those signs.
Chas

Looks great - strange place to tie up a boat though:

krk_091001_070.jpg

Attachments

• krk_091001_070.jpg
    krk_091001_070.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 78
Gary Stockton said:
Looks great - strange place to tie up a boat though:

krk_091001_070.jpg
Tide's out :lol:
Chas

Attachments

• krk_091001_070.jpg
    krk_091001_070.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 76
It's parked about 500 m above sea level, an hour and a half drive on something that cannot be called a road from the sea shore. :shock:
If it isn't made of plastic I would suspect it's a lifeboat from an Arc that survived the Great Flood. :)

Believe it or not, this is me at the controls of a Bullet Train in Tokyo in 1987. :icon-surprised:

IMG_0003.jpg

I asked the driver if I could get in there, he said Hmmm! yeees . . . . . but no touch !!! he must have had a premonition. :lol:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Last edited:
I spent a while in croatia. i had the best job fixing boats. I really would love to take the 80 overthere. qhich part do you go to? i was on the islands abd in the mid - south alot.
Amazing people and places.
Stu

Back