Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Hi Guys,

I've had some interest shown in a visit to our place in 2017, not only by Chas and Shayne (the regulars 2015 & 2016) but Nick (fbnss) has also submitted a letter of intent :lol:.

The dates that would suit me best in 2017 would be 20/08/17 to 02/09/17 and these are the limited dates (jobwise) suitable for Nick.

Are there any objections to these dates?

If not, it would be good to fix them so that anyone else interested would be working towards the same plan.

A bit of feedback would be appreciated...

Clive

As you know Clive, I am on a permanent holiday (retired) so any dates are OK for me, health permitting I will be there to partake of your excellent hospitality.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Once the slaughter has taken place it would be almost a christian duty to help with the clean up :lol:

had a little play with the sat nav in the beemer earlier, it's got Romania but doesn't actually show any roads.
In the truck however...
IMG_6963.JPG
Bonus. That was to some place called strada garlic

I was just looking to see whether or not it would get me there. Last time I drove anywhere ( in the beemer) it got me to about 100 meters from the cabin I was staying at in Switzerland. I was impressed but it doesn't seem to go as far as Romania. The one in the truck is about 4 years younger and does even though it's a slightly cheaper version.

Ps. I'm not going there for roads!

Even the truck one will be out of date both Chas and i have new and they were still out of date :lol:

I have contacted Garmin about the route and have since been getting prompts from my computer to hook up the satnav for updates . Hopefully that will help with route but i still expect to find supermarkets instead of campsites :icon-rolleyes:

As long as it knows where its going roughly it don't matter too much, i'm not going to buy a book of maps. Besides i'll follow you...safer :)

It will get you there anyway updates just take the guesswork out when approaching a roundabout and satnav is saying take the fourth exit when there's only 3 exits and one leads you into a supermarket carpark .

If i get around to it think i will make a plan for the next trip . Suck it and see worked out well this year we had a nice journey up but searching for campsites that are no longer around made some days longer than they needed to be .

150 squid for an update, i'll save that for one of the tanks of diesel...

Nothing wrong with a bit of exploring Is yours the one with the new fence? i was having a nose on google, it's my friend.

Nothing wrong with a bit of exploring Is yours the one with the new fence? i was having a nose on google, it's my friend.

Nah, no new fence I'm afraid, our place is the grey roof at the right hand of the little man in this google earth snapshot

IMG_6557.PNG

And closer in, flagged at the centre of this next google maps photo

IMG_6559.PNG

The guy next door (the dark roof to the right of us in the above photo) has just spent weeks building a new grey-stone clad wall with wooden infill panels, if that's what you've seen.

Back