Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

I drove to romania in a battered old cavalier many years ago whilst living in germany. My gf was romanian and i went to see her parents, they were well off by romanian standards and had the romanian equivalent of wogan round for dinner, tel had much better dress sense though..

would love to revisit one day..

Permanent invite CG, just a day or two's notice needed... :thumbup:

clivehorriost: 1445115 said:
Permanent invite CG, just a day or two's notice needed... :thumbup:
Thats mighty kind of you clive, and we will take you up on the offer one day:thumbup:.

at the moment were just getting life back on track after our first kid who has just turned 9 months..

I drove to romania in a battered old cavalier many years ago whilst living in germany. My gf was romanian and i went to see her parents, they were well off by romanian standards and had the romanian equivalent of wogan round for dinner, tel had much better dress sense though..

would love to revisit one day..

Oh FFS don't tell em about the dragons that might eat you on the motorway and stuff , encourage em with tales of Wogan and the like . Don't listen to him lad's only a full on MAN'S car could get there ;)

Oh FFS don't tell em about the dragons that might eat you on the motorway and stuff , encourage em with tales of Wogan and the like . Don't listen to him lad's only a full on MAN'S car could get there ;)
Yeah thanks for that shayne, for a moment there i was 15 years younger, cruising along the autobahns at 110 with AC DCs thunder blasting out..
reminiscing moment well and truly shattered...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, we've now made a start. We've got ourselves covered by ADAC and, more importantly, I've made enquiries about bacon and all is good. :thumbup::icon-biggrin:
Hello Rich, did you call them or email them? I've not got round to this yet, I hate calling people, although imngetting better as i get on a bit.

Yes it's best to call Adnan on 00 49 40 23919302 he speaks pretty good English and is easy to get along with and has a sense of humour.

A little note for travellers abroad using credit cards. The bu993rs charge you! Quite a lot for overseas purchases now especially in Germany where I think the traders get charged horrendously as well.
So, there's two cards that don't charge. One of them is from The Post Office. So if you don't want charges and want to use a credit card, then apply for one from the Post Office. We've had one for a couple of years now and it works fine. There's one of the building societies like Halifax or Nationwide that do a no fee card as well.

To be clear, this is for purchases. Money withdrawal does attract charges and interest as it does on all credit cards.

A couple of friends (Nico & Romi) visited us yesterday, and as it was quite pleasant weather we took a trip onto the ridge.

Shayne and Chas are familiar with this run, but for Rich and Nick, you might be interested. On the other hand, if you don't want to spoil the 'surprise' then don't look.

The first short clips were us stuck behind a load of cattle, which was quite a frustrating start from the house...

Here's some links... they're totally unedited straight from the memory card... and loads of wind noise so turn off the sound... the trip really starts at clip 05, so skip 01-04

Last edited:
Marvellous! But you're not helping with my dilemma, mud's or At's

Ram managed ok most places in a bog standard 80 with road tyres on .

I'm not sure how he would have managed up the lane from your house though Clive ? where you left your plastic window thing hanging in a bush , i don't think he went up that way ?

I don't want to get all the way there and need to be pulled out by one of those 90 things, never hear the end of it.
The at's are supremely more comfy to drive with.

No worries there mate Clive is a full on Mary Poppins and convinced we are on a school trip he would probably buy us all an ice cream and tell us to stand clear so he can get his magic brolly out :lol:

I'm guessing the sensible choice is at's. Do they do magnums in Romania? or is it bring your own?

Back