Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania bound (east bound and down)

Josh Tagg

Country Flag
uk
Bonjour and good evening live from colmar. Hit the joyus brithish roads last night down to Dover, what bits were open anyway! Ferry was at 6 this morning so had a "bit" of kip last night in car then was all aboard ready for the morning. Wasn't a great start, George decided to deposit things out of her mouth before even getting to the ferry deck! Since then though we've had a typically overpriced under quality breakfast on the ferry, a decent 7 hour drive covering 400 mile. Cruiser didn't miss a beat bless her and here we are now. Can in hand not a care in the world. Colmar, nice place decent campsite and 31 degrees

20180816_163307.jpg Screenshot_20180816-164446_Maps.jpg

Well on the way then Josh, we’ll done so far :clap:

Safe journey folks. If George is a little one which I guess she is then I don’t envy you. Has she attained the age when ‘are we nearly there yet’ gets chanted at every mile?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Safe journey folks. If George is a little one which I guess she is then I don’t envy you. Has she attained the age when ‘are we nearly there yet’ gets chanted at every mile?
Hahaha best reply I've had yet, yeah she's just reached 22 and still bloody chants that!

Thanks everyone. Colmar has been a lovely evening anyway, having a night cap and off to bed haha

Thanks everyone. Colmar has been a lovely evening anyway, having a night cap and off to bed haha
Colmar is very nice, I was there for 2 weeks training a couple of months ago.

Have a great trip Josh. Are you going to live blog the whole way around? That'd be cool.......

First some pictures from colmar, will certainly be coming back and spending a couple of nights here. Then yesterday morning we set off to Austria, you would have thought the German motorway system would have no delays, no road works...... quite the opposite. What said to take 7 hours actually took us nearly 9 with the hold ups and no direct route as roads closed in Austria. Got overtook by just about everything on the autobahns sat at 70 with an rs6 coming past at about 120! I have to say though the roads In Austria are bloody lovely! The first camp we tried was full so went 10 mins down the road to another, typically laid back bloke. "Set up your camp and come and find me later to pay", again a lovely place wish we had more time! Anyway best get packed up off to Budapest, a large sparty event awaits us (Google sparty it's an eye opener).

20180816_184101.jpg 20180816_184607.jpg 20180817_192707.jpg Screenshot_20180818-070901_Maps.jpg

So you can go there, get trollied and not have to visit the loo once? Blinding idea!

A couple of busy days been had, Budapest was unbelievable, we both had an awesome time. We then left Budapest and headed for the Romanian border, ended up stopping at a place called Mako, found a lovely campsite with pool. Set off early yesterday morning to get to Clives for a good time, didn't realise there was another hour time difference so we were behind slightly, then the traffic towards Clives was very busy so caused another delay, all in all took us nearly 10 hours to drive from the border to here. Had a lovely day today, been to the river and had a bbq, nobody drowned their cars which is always a bonus!

20180821_122338.jpg 20180821_125959.jpg

Back