Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

roof rack & Awning

That will be perfect! I have 180w of pure daylight!
Steve

Hi Steve,

Just wondering how you are finding your roof rack after 10months? Still loving it? Has it stood the test of time?

I am wondering about buying one for the 80 from the same place. I don't really want to pay patriot/front runner prices but need something to stand up to a trip to Mongolia. Cruiser racks seem to be few and far between on ebay and go for around the £400 mark which is what I would pay for a rack with postage from Switzerland. The other option is to modify a Disco rack but I'm not sure it is worth the effort vs something designed for the cruiser.

Cheers,
Rich

To be honest, its great! one or two ss bolts have gone a bit rusty, nothing a splodge of some thing wouldnt sort out. I am guessing its the same rack that lots of people sell, incl e-bay etc.
Marks out of 10 for the rack 10, service from the vendor 10 (I just ordered 6 wheels from them as well)

HTH

Great, thanks Steve. I think I will be putting in an order with them tonight (the ebay ones all seem to be direct 4x4 who don't look like they supply the feet whereas www.accessoires4x4.ch look like they do).

I ended up with about 3 different sets of brackets for different 4x4's! A big box of bits turned up along with the rack! beware its heavy!

Looking @ the direct site, they do show a set of Brackets, but weather they supply one set or 3 sets I dont know, might be worth a call though?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought a chinese made rack similar here in OZ for my prado I had and it was fantastic quality and was I think around $380 (aus). Honestly was the best rack I have ever owned.

100_3593_zps949071de.jpg

100_3459_zpsdb35a188.jpg

I unfortunately couldn't use it on my new vehicle as the 105 cruisers have no gutter so I bought another chinese one from different supplier and within a fortnight it started showing signs of rust, Grrrrrr Geez I was disappointed.
020_zps20a711b3.jpg

019_zpsb7cc6162.jpg

are these legs adjustable on the width, i mean like on my 80 the left and right gutters would be wider than those on a 90, would those legs be adjusted to fit on wider trucks? thanks

Yes, the brackets have slotted holes for the bolts

nice thanks mate, better do a few extra shifts for some new shiny racks then

Thanks for your extensive reporting on this roof rack. I hope you are still happy with it and the awning because I just ordered the same stuff at accessoires4x4. I'll post some pictures and findings later.

I just (december) chopped the rear 3/4's of the basket off, to make way for my roof tent that i fitted and am now selling, its not even been used yet! Doh, timing and all that.........

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Back