Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof racks for 100 series

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
Roof rack options

I need 2100 x 1400mm min space for RTT, spare wheel and a few odds and sods

Looked at

Rhino rack -circa £1100 for pioneer rack but fitting kit out of stock and no idea when it will be back in

ARB too small

Patriot £1600 massive, powder coated + accessory mounts

Front runner too small £1600 + accessory mounts.

Uprack. It’s. A little narrow (but offer a wider one), no response to contact emails and struggling to find a supplier that will promote (place in Peterborough said that Uprack weren’t that popular so don’t promote they sell them) reasonable price though. Requires rhino rack base... ffs.

Any others people can suggest?

Someone across Europe should have the rhino feet?

Also, tuff trek have upracks - did you try reaching out to them?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting Topic. Iv just made a full length Roof Rack 8X4 basicaly, Just waiting for it to go off to be Galvanized with some other stuff.. Are the weights mentioned in these Adds... Was wondering what the Ball Park weight of a roof tent and all its gubbings is... I can lift the rack, and if i went to the toilet first probably lift it above my head.... Just!:wtf:

I use a kings roof top tent and it is about 60kgs. For the height I recommend 3 people to lift it safely.

As far as the rack. If you have specific needs have you thought about building one? If you’re handy with a welder the clamping brackets would be the only really difficult part.

I use a kings roof top tent and it is about 60kgs. For the height I recommend 3 people to lift it safely.

As far as the rack. If you have specific needs have you thought about building one? If you’re handy with a welder the clamping brackets would be the only really difficult part.

Never used a welder, so guess that answers that...

Just putting it out there, my autohome roof tent didn't fit on my front runner roof rack so due to it being modular i got some longer sides and a couple more slats so now it fits the tent nicely..no room.for anything else up there though!
Andrew at aj4wd was very helpful.
Ps..on an 80

Just putting it out there, my autohome roof tent didn't fit on my front runner roof rack so due to it being modular i got some longer sides and a couple more slats so now it fits the tent nicely..no room.for anything else up there though!
Andrew at aj4wd was very helpful.
Ps..on an 80

Correct me if I'm wrong Nick but they had 3 options for extending your FR rack, was it 100, 200 and 300mm?

My roof rack used to have 2 tool boxes on top which meant there wasn’t room for a roof tent so I had the rack moved forward and hung the tent off the back a bit. This effectively gave me more rack space without sacrificing anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong Nick but they had 3 options for extending your FR rack, was it 100, 200 and 300mm?
Well those were the options i got as i only needed it a bit longer. But as it all just bolts together he could have supplied just about any length i assume due to the combinations in lengths of side rails for different vehicles etc.

Just picking back up on this as I spent most of the day digging around (shhh don’t tell my boss).

Spoke to front runner via their web chat, very helpful and as mention above can do different lengths to those advertised. Free shipping in Europe too.

Rhino rack I found a place in Germany that say they can supply all the bits I need, just waiting for the quote.

I have a feeling though that even though it’s a little more cash the front runner system and aftercare might be worth the extra coin.

Hummm decision time.

Just a few pics of the roof rack im making...The 5mm flat plates (9 of them) Match up with 9 flat plates with captive nuts that are welded to the horizontal roof bars so you can unbolt the roof rack and leave the bars in place .. I cut 9 pieces of flat rubber that fit between the two plates ... Sorry pics are not that Brilliant.. when it comes back from the Galvanizers in fit it and take a few more pics......NB This roof rack has not been subject to Perfection or Professionalism....

DSCF9599.JPG DSCF9602.JPG DSCF9603.JPG DSCF9607.JPG

Back