Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof top tent from Terrain

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Following on from the thread where I highlighted the Terrain Tent - I bought one. Awning coming tomorrow as the courier reversed over it. But there is the tent. I am delighted. OK, roof bars are temporary, thanks Nick, and are a bit too high. Outback rack comes in June. Ladder is therefore a little short. It's well made, good features and the lower section fits directly onto Howling Moon if anyone wants one. It's a big thing and at present have it mounted longways simply because I wanted to see it that way. It will be going over the back door though before Lincomb. Mrs now planning a trip to France in it.
Didn't get chance to install the bottom mud wall tonight.

So here it is:

photo.jpg

Load seems to have settle the new spring just nicely.

Top bit out

photo2.jpg

And side screens

photo3.jpg

Cruddy pics I know. Sorry.

Chris

Very nice indeed. It's massive.

Good lawd Chris - is that an 8 berth???

:cool:

Looks good from here :)

Well as far as I know, it's not bigger than other tents. It does look huge and it is VERY roomy inside, sleeping two adults easily - over 6' comfortably. I think where it looks bigger is where the ladder goes up into the tent rather than up the outside of the tent. But packed, it's the same dimension as most, I think. I could mount it on my trailer!
Good value for money I think.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Having compared mine to a Howling Moon one of the same design as yours Chris, they are exactly the same inside and the HM one sits about 10cm taller when folded up due to the "porch" area over the ladder.

Nice tent, good find too at that price :)

Thanks Jimbo. Are you saying that you have the shower cubicle bit too and that you fold all that in as well rather than take it off?

Chris

Looks good Chris, did you do the tickle test on the mrs? :lol:

impressive and will make a most excellent shooting platform/hide !

Jon, come on, you have met my Missus. She LOVES it. The tent that is and is definitely hankering after coming to Lincomb on the Saturday Her BIRTHDAY????

Tony, we really are going to need a bigger pig.

Andy - already thought that. It's a great shooting platform. You don't need all the wings set out. Just the front opening, poke the rifle out..

Should I do the car in Advantage Timber?

Chris

Chris said:
Should I do the car in Advantage Timber?
Leave the streaks of Lincomb mud on and you'll have an effect that's pretty close, although pale red and white may be more desert DPM :roll:
:ugeek:

Desert or possibly Mars!

Chris

Chris said:
Thanks Jimbo. Are you saying that you have the shower cubicle bit too and that you fold all that in as well rather than take it off?

Chris
Sorry mate I've been away. I doubt the shower cubicle (if I had it) would ever fit under the travel cover, it usually comes with a seperate carry bag and needs storing elsewhere. Was just saying the extra hoop and 2-3m sq of canvas that make up the covering over the door on yours make it nearly 10cm taller when folded up with the travel cover draped over..

And if it's like the HM - it's a royal PITA to fold away neatly - even after 9 days I'm still experimenting. Best method so far is to tuck the overhang section inside the tent door, then fold it all up. The side-tent extension thing will never fit inside the cover - despite the marketing :twisted:

Just before i got rid of my HM i did a bit of experimenting with some bungy cord over the top of the tent in between the frames to hold it in when folding as i found it was these that were puffing out when folding making it hard to pack away. the bungies on the inside are not strong enough.

Sorry Toby - was that a question for me, or were you enquiring after the price of bungee cords?

Tent was £895, Awning was £100 and the extension for the ladder was £35. Have to say that mine packs away in a jiffy.

Chris

Chris et al.

I saw noticed your posts from May last year. Am considering spending £625 on a Terrain Tent instead of £1000+ on a hannibal, Ezi Awn or Howlingmoon. Do you have any further thoughts on the Terrain now that you have had it for a while? I depart London for Cape Town overland in April. Will be on the road for 6 months. Do you think the Terrain is up to it or should I go with a more expensive brand. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

David

Our Matt Wright is currently on such a trip David with zigackly such a tent.

I think the answer will be a resounding yes!!! Go with the Terrain tent :cool:

Cheers

Back