Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Room for more?

lrt

Country Flag
nicaragua
Hello Folks,

I found this neat club while searching for answers on basic cruiser info.

My name is Luis and I own a diesel HDJ80 abroad (I live in the United States) with
198000 km. Most of the equipment is either rebuilt or original minus the usual hoses, belts, fuses, etc.

4x4 Experience: Very basic... I know how to get it to work :D
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: I'm an electronics enthusiast.

I hope to be able to share what little I know on this and perhaps other subjects with the general club citizenry :D

Cheers,
-L-

Hi Luis, welcome to the forum, how about posting some pictures of your 80? we like pictures.

Hi Luis, and welcome to the forum. As Chas says, let's have some photos as we always like to see new cruisers. I would imagine a diesel cruiser in the states is a bit of a rarity as most seem to be petrol.

Good to have an electronics enthusiast to call upon. I've tinkered a bit but not on a major scale. I'm an electrician so understand the basics but never got into it.

Glad to have you aboard this most friendly forum.

Best wishes
Richard

Hi Luis, and welcome to the forum. As Chas says, let's have some photos as we always like to see new cruisers. I would imagine a diesel cruiser in the states is a bit of a rarity as most seem to be petrol.

Good to have an electronics enthusiast to call upon. I've tinkered a bit but not on a major scale. I'm an electrician so understand the basics but never got into it.

Glad to have you aboard this most friendly forum.

Best wishes
Richard
:) I finally dug up the photos. The cruiser's not in the US, it's abroad, it was more of a necessity than a luxury.

Hi Luis, welcome to the forum, how about posting some pictures of your 80? we like pictures.
I like pictures too :)

DSCN1150.JPG DSCN1465.JPG

With a cracking track like that I can see why yo like photos. She's a beaut.

Reactions: lrt
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Luis, glad to have you on board!

Electronics eh? Do you have any advice for us on why we can't get good transmission & receive range on our CB installations?

There's a recent thread running on this, posted by Bat 21. If you can offer advice, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Nice 80 BTW :thumbup:

Welcome Luis, glad to have you on board!

Electronics eh? Do you have any advice for us on why we can't get good transmission & receive range on our CB installations?

There's a recent thread running on this, posted by Bat 21. If you can offer advice, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Nice 80 BTW :thumbup:
:) I'm just an enthusiast but I could try and get a crack. Do you get bad range all around or only on a specific area, also, what is the optimal range for the equipment, model, etc? I'm assuming it's out-of-box?

:) I'm just an enthusiast but I could try and get a crack. Do you get bad range all around or only on a specific area, also, what is the optimal range for the equipment, model, etc? I'm assuming it's out-of-box?

Yep, the antenna was separate though.

It reckons about 5 miles or more in the blurb, and as far as I know it's poor range all the time.

Several club members have visited us and when driving in convoy of say 4 or five trucks, not too far apart, I seem to only get contact with the two trucks behind me but not the sweeper at the back.

It's very difficult to know whether it's my unit or the others or a combination of both. I don't have anyone to test it with here. I did come across a guy with a CB in his car and we tried it out. We were ok up to about a km apart, but after that, we both faded away from each other very quickly.

I'll take it to a CB fitter guy I know here, he'll likely give me some ideas of how to improve performance.

Thanks for trying... :thumbup:

Back