Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rough idle on cold engine start

travelytrain

Country Flag
united_states
hey guys, have a little issue here and seeing if you could help me out. when the engine is cold (sitting overnight) when i start it the rpm's go up to 1500 then trickle down slowly until almost stalling. i try to give some gas but nothing happens. also if i try to drive, there is just no power. I have to let it warm up for 3 minutes, then everything works just fine, no issues at all after engine is warmed up.

thank you

I am assuming because you don't tell us that yours is a 1KZ-TE engine ?

Pull the intake sensors and clean them should be your first job , the egr likely needs cleaned along with the throttle body which might be caked up with carbon . If that doesn't help you might have to look at the spill control valve on the fuel pump .

Pull the intake sensors and clean them should be your first job , the egr likely needs cleaned along with the throttle body which might be caked up with carbon . If that doesn't help you might have to look at the spill control valve on the fuel pump .

Yes sorry i left that out,

I have the 3.4L 5vz V6 petrol

Thank you again for the help

Cleaned the throttle body and fixed the problem, thank you for the advice

Back