Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RSS Feed

MODVRS

Country Flag
england
I use an RSS reader (Feedly) to get updates from the 90 Series forum. It has worked fine for ages just flagging up recent updates, but over the last couple of weeks it has been flagging up dozens of entries which have not been updated recently. I realise this is probably impossible to sort out but wanted to flag it anyway. I'm probably the only RSS user.

Which threads does it show as updated? I might be that a user edited a post or someone added a post and then deleted it. Although, if it is dozens this this is unlikely...
Nonetheless, give me an example and I'll take a peek.

Today is probably not the best example but I've added pics of my RSS feed and the relevant 90 Series forum page for today. The three posts on the RSS feed seem older than others in the forum which did not show up at all. From memory I used to get an RSS notification for new threads and I don't think I did when they were added to subsequently. Of late I see lots of RSS updates for threads which have had no recent activity.

It's not a huge problem as I usually look directly at the forum anyway, it's just a bit of a nuisence in Feedly when there are 24 "updates" mixed in with other stuff.

Many thanks for taking a look at it. If I get a better example I will take some more screengrabs.

rsspage.jpglcforum.JPG

Well, certainly something wonky here. I see the d4d topic in your screen print twice. It looks like feedly might be showing it twice somehow as it's not in the RSS feed twice.
Another odd thing is that the feed is not showing new topics - only old ones.

I've turned the feed off and it does as much, I've reset it to clear anything that might be cached but it's still showing weird.

I'll dig into it a bit more as there is something funky there.

Cheers,
CP

20151224_135204000_iOS-large.jpg20151224_135208000_iOS-large.jpg20151224_135150000_iOS-large.jpg20151224_135154000_iOS-large.jpg20151224_135608000_iOS-large.jpg

More typical of the problem this afternoon. Of course it could be a feedly problem; they are well known for having issues.

Thanls again.

Back