Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Russian outing

mettisse

Supporter
Hi, here are a couple of pics that my pal Jacques sent me of his trip in Nov/ Dec 2016, he was away for 8 weeks or so, Driving from Marseilles in France the the Murmansk Peninsular in Russia and back. Sounds like fun eh? He had to be self sufficient for 1k kilometres and for at least 4/ 5 days. This is not a complete report in that I only have the briefest of information from him. This sounds like a proper adventure, cost£loads, and that was just for the guide. I'll have a word with him about the colour of the Cruiser. Best regards to all
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That looks like a lot of fun :) interesting colour scheme on the truck.

That looks like it could be a good trip. Get me pics and stories over :)

I like the look of this!

Self sufficient for 4/5 days and a thousand km is some going I'd think, in an 80.

At least you'll spot that colour scheme in a crowded Tesco's car park... :lol:

Wow that would be an epic trip.
A 1K miles off grid would make me sweat a bit especially wading in water that deep.
Well done, look forward to more details as they emerge.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi, details of the trip are sparse as Jacques is a man of few words, other than manifique!!! Jacques is an accomplished 'Froader, his other car is a 3litre diesel 70 series with all the bells whistles and a few hooters, he bought this car already prepared to do trips such as this.
The following pictures are loaded not in correct order ( my fault sorry) you can get a good idea of the trip. This journey is a well trod route and is offered British tour guides, however it is tough, lots of difficult roads and awkward river crossings, wading and dodgy bridges. This journey is one on my " wish list" but is quite expensive nonetheless. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back