Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RogerMurray1963

Country Flag
uk
I've noticed some rust appearing around the chassis area and wheel arches on my cruiser recently. Whilst the vehicle was on the ramps at my local Kwik Fit for some new tyres. I wish to remove the rust myself due to current financial circumstances - Do these rust convertor spray products work? https://www.frost.co.uk/vht-rust-converter/ Or is it best to seek the services of a professional vehicle repair centre.

I've used POR-15 for years - having done the chassis more than ten years ago, the treatment still works. For the box sections I used the Eastwood inhibitor because it comes with nozzle extension. All from Frosts.
It is imperative that you follow the preparation process - chassis clean, Metal Ready, etc..
Any parts that will be subject to sunlight have then been coated with POR Chassis black (over the top of the POR-15).
Get the small tins as once open it will harden so some clingfilm between lid and pot is vital.
The product really works but as with everything the preparation is vitally important.

Regards,

Rodger

Had s look in the workshop over the weekend and I must have finished the Eastwood's can so without reading the Frost's website I'm not sure however the stuff I used wasn't grey. I'll try and find some time to have a look at Frost's this week.

Regards,

Rodger

Back