Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RUST

David Ketley

Country Flag
great_britain
What a nightmare it is trying to buy a decent car. They seem to be rust buckets even a 57000 mile 2007.

Dealers are liars and so far I have spent £233 on deposits and inspections. It is going to be a long haul to get a decent one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What a nightmare it is trying to buy a decent car. They seem to be rust buckets even a 57000 mile 2007.

Dealers are liars and so far I have spent £233 on deposits and inspections. It is going to be a long haul to get a decent one.

I travelled far and wide looking for a decent 120, viewing 9 before found a satisfactory one. Nearly all the 120's out there are trade ins that people have got rid of before they start costing too much in preventive maintenance.
I viewed one from our village with 42k one owner ( who I knew) full TSH , I had it on the ramp, it was like a pier underneath, literally needed re building. The owner couldn't believe I didn't want it!!.
I viewed a 2007 92K 4.0 V6 Prado the other day ( JDM import) which had been in the UK from nearly new, rust had got hold of the underneath even though the topside was mint.
I guess you will have to resign yourself to the fact these are old vehicles which havn't been looked after underneath and will have rust. FTSH means nothing, mine had been maintained by the previous owner since 2012 and was by far the best.
One thing to bear in mind when test driving is how noisy the engine is, some I tried were really quite vocal whereas the one I bought was really quiet so its something to bear in mind.
Patience is the key when searching for a good condition old Cruiser.

Not all dealers can be tarred with the same brush, I bought my 120 and my 100 from the same dealer and couldn't be more satisfied.

When I was looking in Cyprus ( in December) 120's ( few that there were) were 20k decent Prado's 8-12k, unbelievable.
I think 80 series go for far more than 10k.
I saw a 96 80 on a site called Bazaraki . com going for one euro under 10 k , it's one of those sites that people can sell anything , so mainly private sellers and not dealers .

Back