Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rusting on window panels - LJ70

Sunil

Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I've noticed a bit of rusting behind the rubber trim on rear left and right window panels on my LJ70. new panel or an easy fix? I'm thinking of rubbing it down and respraying. I'm concerned that the rust may be a little moe then I expected so was considering a replacement...trouble is where to find!?

Difficult to say without seeing how bad things are, but if the rest of the panel is ok, rather than replacing it, one option is to get the rusty bits cut out and new steel welded in.

This is a HZJ Tojo I bought at auction...... ex underground as you can see.... extensive surface rust... tried to pull the windscreen out without breaking it... but alas... she broke.... we then sanded her down And bogged where some panel was missing.... yours would not be as serious as this... but it will cost you a windscreen... luckily for me it was standard white duco & not metalic paint as it seems yours is...

toy.JPG

check rubbers. tbh to do a decent job just buy new window rubbers and cut the windows out. dont try to pull the windows out. I've fitted windows but im no expert... there'll be endless "how to" guides on youtube. worth doing well. im on my 2nd 73 and both had the same rust issues at bottom of windscreen as a result of poorly fitted rubbers.

Back