Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RZJ-95 fuel filter location

JML

Country Flag
australia
Been going over my new 3rzfe 4cyl petrol 90 series and changing fluids and filters. Air and oil have been easy but when it came to the fuel filter I haven’t been able to find anything online and don’t fancy taking things apart to find it just yet so wondering if anyone knows where it is?

On the 5VZ petrol the fuel filter is under the passenger sill just near the front of the sub tank.

Reactions: JML
Cheers, I haven’t been able to find anything for the 3rz, reckon it’d be the same? Also the RZ options don’t come with a sub tank (at least in aus, lowest option) but passenger sill gives me a good starting point. Thanks

I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the same place to share components etc. The fuel pipes and evap lines and canister are all in the passenger side of the engine bay on the 5VZ so if this holds true on the 3RZ then maybe.

Thanks Shane, do you reckon the hilux surf would be the same as a 90 series Prado

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 90 series evolved from the Surf , or 4runner in America and shares a number of interchangeable parts so its a fair bet you got an almost identical engine .

Sorry for the late reply, everyone’s advice helped and managed to do the whole thing without having to remove anything other than the wheel. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know because it might help the next fella :thumbup:

Back