Sad news

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Just wanted to let the forum know that sadly PtP (Peter Penny) passed away yesterday after a long fight with cancer.

Wow, that is shocking news - I understood he was unwell but I didn't know it was quite that serious!
I did not have the pleasure of meeting him but his demeanour on the forum was always that of a gentleman.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Lordy, Jon, I didn't know that he was ill. Thank you for passing that on to us all.
That's really sad news.
Whilst I didn't really know Peter in person, he was certainly a friend in cyberspace.

Chris

Very sad news Jon, I have met Peter a number of time, a very nice man.

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's a shock.
I met Peter once and he seemed a really nice genuine person.

Thanks for passing that on Jon.

I'd only know Peter for a few years and not especially well but as has been said he was a gentleman and will be missed. I will pass on your condolences to his family.

That is such sad news.

He was a gent I bought some bits and bobs off him and he was so helpful with advise always.

Mal

Hey Jon, thanks for passing that on. Sad news indeed. I had never met Pete but, echoing all sentiments above, he seemed a straight-up decent bloke from his posts on the forums...

The funeral service is next Thursday (29th) at 12:30pm, St. Michael's church, Maynard Avenue, Norton, Stourbridge.

No flowers please but if desired donations accepted, they will be split between Mary Stevens Hospice and Cancer Research. The funeral directors are H. Porter & Sons, 01384 395048 if you want to make a donation / get more details.

He got a good send off, a nice service and there must have been upwards of 150 people filling the little church so there was standing room only for some, obviously a well liked chap.

Back